Registered
1,079 Posts
Flopsy - thinking of you and hoping for  ^reiki^

let us know.

Jenny x

·
Registered
77 Posts
Sorry is a very small word for the disappointment Fee but its heartfelt. Hope that no word from Flopsy is good news today. I'm now waiting to see if the 6 follicles I've got are growing. Back to the clinic tomorrow weds for another moment of truth. love and luck to all.xx

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Dear Darling Goldies,

Thank you for all your messages of support.

Sadly, it was bad news for us today. The clinic called to say that it was a negative. This is the first time we have had to wait until the call so at least had a "proper" 2ww for a change.

I feel so choked up and tearful that I'm off for a good cry before I ring DH and tell him the bad news. Feel worse for him than myself.

Anyway, my wonderful "tiger team" after I have picked myself up from this heartbreak I will need to do a post-mortem of this cycle as it was the worst one yet.

Any ideas appreciated.

Thank you all so much for the support and caring. It makes this almost bearable.

With love from,

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Dear Flopsy

So very sorry to read your news sweetheart.

Laine x

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Albali - hope those 6 embies are growing well.

Flopsy - so very very sorry to hear that it was a negative result.  I was so hoping for a bfp for you, especially as your case is so difficult with the limited amount of sperm available to use.  Life really sucks sometimes.  Huge hugs to you both.  At least you know you did your best and as you say at least you had a proper 2ww this time.  I always bleed around CD9 so know how you feel on that one.

All the best

Jenny

·
Registered
442 Posts
Dear Flopsy

I am very sorry to hear your sad news ^Cuddle^. I know that no words are good enough. I'm just so sorry & want you to know that I am thinking of you.

Loisxxx

·
Premium Member
4,610 Posts
flopsy, so sorry to read your news hun  ^Cuddle^ i feel absolutley gutted for you and your dh, take care of each other, have a good cry and get plenty of cuddles  ^Cuddle^ ^Cuddle^

pam xx

·
Registered
77 Posts
Dear Flopsy, logged on specially to hear how you got on and so very very sorry to see it was negative. I cant think of anything else to say except that. love .xxxx

·
Banned
2,001 Posts
Dear Flopsy,

I am so sorry to hear your news.  Take some time to care for yourself and DH now.  I am really sorry.
Daisy
xx

·
Registered
198 Posts
Flopsy, so sorry about your sad news. Just wanted to send you lots of hugs.
KimE x

·
Registered
105 Posts
Flopsy
So so sorry & thinking of you lots xxx
Love Dollyzx xx

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hello - I was beginning to think I was the only person on site over 38.

I too am sorry to hear the news - it always seems so unfair and I know how it is to think 'this is the one' - to have all hope dashed.

Hope your partner is giving you lots of cuddles ^hugme^ It may seem frivilous or flippant even but you need to really take care of yourself emotionally and physically - go somewhere and thoroughly spoil and pamper yourself. Valentines is a great time to give you an excuse to get away to get a fresh view of where you are, what you have and to just be close.

Take care of each other

X

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Oh Goldies,

Thank you so much for all of your kind messages and for all of your support.

We are both still choked up with grief, anger, disappointment and hopelessness. however, we have been here before with IVF and know that it does get better.

I need to start asking some blunt questions soon and would like some input if anyone can give this.

1.Is it likely that any lasting or short-term damage has been done to my ovaries from the downregging disaster?

The previous clinics I spoke to would not try a long cycle as they believed (due to my age) that I would not "come out of" the downregging. This occured in the cycle I just had and it took massive amounts of stims over a long period to get response.

2. I need to tackle the clinic and ask them questions like this. Does anyone have any ideas on the best way for me to do this?

Any ideas/suggestions welcome.

With lots of love to all the Goldies from,

·
Registered
254 Posts
Flopsy

I can't answer your questions but just to say, sorry about your failed cycle and the difficulties with the p[rotocol.

I'm sure that ARGC will be able to answer your queries.

Re down-regging - I have never downregged and have only done short protocols. My response was similar for a large dose of Puregon, as it was for a much smaller (half) dose of Menopur. Though I got slightly less follicles with the lower dose, the number of eggs retrieved and embryos generated weren't much different (and it was a LOT cheaper!!)

I've been told that
1 increasing drug dosage beyond a certain amount (?manufacturers recommended max??) is not going to help,and
2 that for older ladies the downregging isn't suitable as you may not be able to restart the ovaries again (ie push you into menopause presumably)

This is for oldies mind you (over 40++)
I guess the clinic will now tailor your protocol to you.

I also wonder if you give large doses of stimms whether you stimulate degenerate eggs to develop (one embryologist told me this)
I also think that if you have a large yield of eggs, it is not much use if many are immature/intermediate and won't fertilse. I think this can be related to the sort of stimms you get.

Hope this helps but doesnt add too many more questions!
Plink xx 

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hi Plink,

Thank you very much for your message. It makes a lot of sense and I appreciate all of the information.  We can't afford another cycle but I would at least like to know what went wrong for my own peace of mind and if we want to make a complaint.

I've been giving it some thought along these lines

1. The clinic should never have used a long protocol on me
2. They should have monitored better and picked up the lack of response earlier
3. They should have offered a free cycle or similar

Plink - you are absolutely right about the high stimms. Once the mistake was made they then used the high dosage to try and milk any response out of me. The number of usable eggs and embies was the worst ever result for us.

Normally I respond really well to a medium dose of stims and we usually have embies and some to freeze. Not this time...

What I don't know is

1. What permanent/short term? damage has been done through the menopause effect of their mistake of the long cycle

2. How do I find out?

3. How to tackle this. I made an appointment with the clinic but have to wait over a month which is not OK.

If anyone has any more ideas or experience please let me know here or IM me.

With love from,

·
Registered
254 Posts
Flopsy

Appreciate your questioning even if you won't now repeat the attempt.
I'm no expert but I think if your cycle has recommenced post-cycle then it is likely to return to normal??

I don't know if there is anyone on here who has had a long protocol and subsequently their cycles did not return properly. If there is then they may be able to help.

Re your wait for review - this may be a good thing. If your next AF comes at the right time then I would say that there is little chance that the downreg affected your natural cycle.
Presumably one would know whether your natural cycle has been affected by the downreg only if you wait to see if it returns normally.

Hope this helps - to my mind I wouldnt think that a single long protocol would advesrely affect you particularly if your cycle returns afterwards.

By the time you go for review you may have more info re your cycle. Also you can test this month to see if you ovulate using a monitor, if you are concerned.

Hope this helps
Plink xx

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hello Flopsy. I can understand your fury and worry. I echo Plink entirely. I think the month wait although it sounds terrible now is good for the reasons she  mentions and also for you to recover and be calmer before you see them. They will probably only say wait til your af returns  anyway. Sorry I have no other helpful info for you. 

1 - 20 of 94 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.