Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Dear Flopsy.
I have not posted much as yet, but  have read a lot of your contributions and understand how hard things have been for you, you have been through such a lot. I just wanted to say how very sorry I was to hear your sad news, and sincerely hope you are able to find a way through this difficult time.
With best wishes and hugs,

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hello everyone. Thought I would share my news with you. Whilst I'm waiting for this pg to just go off, wear off, generally just disappear I went for my scan today and it hasnt gone away. Its there and ticking away. The worrit in me wont stop but its there alright. I have to go back in 2 weeks again. Fingers crossed. love and luck  to you all. How are you Flopsy, Daisy, Jen?   

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Albali - that is wonderful news  ;D  How far along are you now then?

Jenny

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hi Goldies,

Sorry to have been so quiet.  Still feeling devestated and very low.

Jenny, Ellie, KK, Mizz Gizz, Ayla, Lois, Sue  and Cygnus,  Thank you for all of your kind words and support. It really does help in these bad times to know that people care. Sorry for not replying to each of you individually.

Alibali - I'm so pleased/excited that this is all going well for you. Have you had any more scans or news?

With love from,

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Dear SJM,

Welcome to the Goldies. Sorry that I missed your post earlier and have taken so long to reply!

You have written so well about your situation and fears. It must still be very difficult to face IVF after your first husband abandoned you in such circumstances. You sound like a centred and brave woman.

With regards to the FSH some clinics have a cut off at 10 but many ladies on FF have been successful with a level over that cutoff and it does seem a bit arbitrary.

Is the nasal spray for a long cycle with downregging? I'm not sure of your earlier cycle but was it with downregging as well? Some clinics will only do short cycles on the over-40's due to stimms response problems. My last full cycle was a long cycle and it was my worst for embryo numbers.  I just did not respond to the stimms as normal after downregging and I have been told that this is a common problem on the over 40's.

It's also really difficult with male and female (age) factors to work out all the variables for success. Wishing you lots and lots of luck!

With warmest regards,

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks so much for the reply.  My next appointment is a Day 20 appointment (11 April) at which time I will start to use Synarel nasal spray and then I will move onto Menogon injections.  I am not sure what you mean by short cycle / long cycle.  The tx I am following this time is the exact same as last time as I seem to have responded well to the actual treatment but just didn't make that final hurdle.

I have started to take Agnus Casti as I have read this can help with the FSH level - not sure if it is a bit late now but it is worth a try.

I will also look to post on the April/May Cycle buddies, this site has been a great help to me and I really appreciate the support and info I get from it.

Thanks again

SJM

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hi SJM!

you are on the long protocol - the short one doesn't do the nasal spray.  My consultant says sometimes for us goldies, the short protocol works better, but it didn't work for me last time, so he says time for plan b!  We are all individual I guess, so you never know what will work better for you.  Good luck!

Agnus castus works well - I think you need to stop it when you start injecting as it might interfere with the hormones doing what the drugs want them to, so be careful! 

Debbie :)

·
Registered
442 Posts
Hi Goldies

Really got some catching up to do................

Just wanted to say I'm thinking about you Flopsy - sorry I haven't been with you for this, but thinking of you very much.

Hi to everyone

Loisxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
254 Posts
SJM

Try also wheatgrass (www.nutricentre.com) they do tablets. I take 7 a day. Its supposed to lower fsh too. Goodness knows if it affects egg quality but, hey, its worth a try!

Plink x

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hello everyone. I havent posted or read on this site for a while for a number of reasons but mainly because I  have been holding my breath and not wanting to tempt fate. Well I can now because fate has intervened and I'm certain that this is the end of this one. I started to bleed a bit last night - and still am now at 7am. Coincidentally I changed my 8 week scan appt from Monday until today, so I will have a definite answer in about 3 hours. I have not been able to relax at all  since the BFP because of this risk, and now its happened. Not 100% but pretty much. Just a roller coaster all the way. When I felt sick I just thought it was imminent m/c; when I didn't I thought it was imminent m/c. I had a very bad feeling because I have had 2 deaths of people close to me in the last 2 weeks and I was just waiting for the third. Now I know. I think I must decide that old eggs are duff really. Not nice to admit but I think so. Theres always the exception I suppose (my sister pg and aboutto deliever in 8 weeks at one month off 45;  various other examples my nana at 48 and others that you have told me about) but I think  generally thats the case. So what do I do now? I suppose the 2 choices are no children or a DE. Or I suppose a third choice which is just to wait and see if anything happens naturally but i think I know the answer with that one. Reading everyones posts on the site, it is clear that  there are far more good stories on the DE site than generally so it looks like young eggs are good eggs.  Will post this before it disappears into the ether. thanks for all your support. Will keep posting of course. love albali

·
Banned
2,001 Posts
Dear Albali

I really hope this is not the end, but I know you are on the dreadful rollercoaster now and I am so sorry.  You obviously have had a really awful time these last couple of weeks and I want to send you my best wishes.  There is nothing I can say right now except I am thinking about you and your DH.

Now is the time to look after yourself whatever happens.

Thinking of you.

Daisy
xxxx

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Albali - very very sorry to hear that you are bleeding :(  I hope that the bleeding is coming from somewhere else.  The site of the placenta can bleed or you can get bleeding from erosion caused by the progesterone pessaries so all is not lost yet.  I know how you feel though, having lost 3 babies myself to miscarriage - two at 6 weeks and one at 8.3 weeks (after seeing heartbeat).  We are now going down the adoption route and I am very much looking forward to getting a little child of around 18 months old (over 40s cannot adopt a child any younger than 18 months old) sometime next year.  There is a 3rd option other than donor eggs or no child :)

Huge huge hugs to you and I hope that everything turns out ok after all.

Jenny

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Dear Albali,

Have been thinking of you and hoping all was OK. It's been an awful time for you on this rollercoaster and I'm hoping (and hoping!) that the bleeding does not mean the end of this pregnancy.

Please let us know the results of the scan as we are all here for you.

With love from,

·
Registered
77 Posts
Just  walked in the door and its OK. The scan still showed it there and continuing. I cant believe it, I really cant. Without going into tmi, it wasnt just a spattering of a bleed, really measurable and just like teh last time, so I just cannot cannot  believe that its still there. I could hardly walk off the couch my legs were so weak. It took me about half an hour for my heart rate to come down so I could drive. 12 hours later, well 19 if you count from when the bleed first started and I'm exhauseted now. I was so stunned I didnt really quizz him about why but he said it wasnt from the placenta, could be the neck of the womb. Asked me when my last smear test was just to throw the the spectre of cervical cancer into my mind. When I'd come to my senses I phoned back inthe pm and confessed to lying on my stomach for 10 mins  for a leg wax the previous day and gentle intercourse (not the first time, I suppose just feeling a bit better and I read that it wasnt prohibited) and was told that i could lie anyway I liked but better to keep a chastity belt on  until 12 weeks. If they had told me that before I wouldnt have even thought of indulging. He thought perhaps it might be the progesterone and advised use a suppositories only form now on, rest and keep using the cyclogest and I'd be ok. What a shock. I wasnt crying wolf because it was sooo like last time that I couldnt reach any other conclusion - timing symptoms every thing. I suppose its always different. I wanted to write this as soon as I got in. Now I/m going to lie down with  a cup of tea- with my feet up. love albali 

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Oh Albali,

OMG - I am so relieved!!! So very happy to read your news. What an awful shock for you and what a process of torture this is (not just the legwaxing...).

Enjoy your tea.  Hope the bleeding settles down.

With love from,

·
Banned
2,001 Posts
Phew Albali,

So glad to hear this.  No more leg waxing or lying on your tummy (or anybody else's tummy!) now for a while.

Take it easy.

Wishing you all the very best.

Daisy
xxxx

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hi Albali - I am so relieved for you too!  Hope things get easier now for you.  It's hard enough to go through all this tx without things happening during the pregnancy as well, and you seem to have had your fill!  Take it easy and think happy thoughts!!
lots of hugs

^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Debbie

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Albali - that is just FANTASTIC news - I am so pleased for you.  Only another 4 weeks and then you will be able to bd again :)  I am thrilled that all is ok, I really am  :) ;D  YIPPEE

Jenny

1 - 20 of 84 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.