3,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New home Goldies  ;)

Lots of love and luck to you all xxxx  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
Hi Goldies,

Well I wish I could start this new Goldies thread on a positive note but I've just got stuck on this hurdle ^eyes^

Went for scan today (Stimms 5 Days D/R 13 days).  After being prodded and poked they still couldn't find my left ovary - it always goes into hiding :(

Basically everything is going a bit too slowly for their liking and my lining is now too thin (it was a little too thick on the last scan) :-\
I've to go back on Friday for Bloods and scan and depending on the results (sadly the good scan girl will still be away) I have to prepare myself for this cycle to be cancelled.  They will let me know on Monday  :eek: :mad: :mad:  And move me to a short protocol - but I do not know how long I will have to wait before starting this ??? :mad: ^idiot^ ^idiot^

Trying to rest now so things can grow ^eyes^ ^eyes^ ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^

Nuala :(

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Nuala - I responded to you on another thread (http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=39181.0) . Good luck for next scan and bloods ^reiki^ ^reiki^. I have blown you some lucky bubbles too !!!

Cesca - good luck with fet today

Sculley - are you triggering tonight ?

Diane - I hope you are resting up and thinking positive vibes on your 2ww

My news is that my embryos divided overnight and I have a 2 and a 4 cell !! Feeling a little happier, still feel cheated though, but nothing can change that now, just have to stay positive for the 2 fighters I have.

Please everyone keep us updated on your progress, its great knowing about other similarly aged ladies.

Should we start a progress list for each page ?

Take care

Lx

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just been reading this thread and thought I would add our story as we found it useful to read about others experiences when going through IVF.

We had being ttc for four years. My partner had 4 positives, but these ended in 1st trimester miscarriages. As she was (almost) 45, we decided to try a cycle of IVF so that if we remained childless we would feel at least we'd explored every avenue. We settled on ARGC for the usual reasons. Initial tests revealled high NK cells which could be the reason for the m/c's, so we decided we'd go for IVIg (but were unconvinced by Humira). FSH was pretty good at 5.5. We started the stim's, and my partner responded well (too well, she only took injections for 2 days and with hindsight had ohss) Anyway, at EC we had 21 eggs (wahey!).

We decided on ICSI+PGD. (I don't know why we were given ICSI rather than IVF as no male factors). We decided on one cycle with PGD (rather than two cycles without) as it appeared to be statistically a better option at this age, particularly has we had a lot of eggs, and would also avoid the possibility of a termination if we transferred an embryro with Downs etc.

Anyway, 16 eggs fertilised (wahey! again). Many of the embryo's looked pretty good and started compacting etc. but the PGD revealled that every single embryo was abnormal (I think they repeated the PGD on some embryos to be certain). Apparently, the best looking one turned out to have Downs. So no transfer. As you can imagine - somewhat of a shock to go from wondering how many embryo's we may have to freeze to not even getting to ET in the space of a few days!

However, we had always tried to take a realistic outlook on the whole thing and in some ways this was the second best result as it was very conclusive and gave us a sense of closure. (Maybe if we'd not had the PGD, it would have ended in a m/c and we would have tried again with Humira etc.).

We had a follow-up consultation with Mr. T at ARGC and even he - who must have seen it all - seemed surprised by both the number of eggs and the number that were abnormal. He agreed that continuing treatment didn't appear worthwhile. So after having put of lives on hold for the past few years, we started planning for a child-free future.

Ironic postscript: we now know that during the follow-up consultation, my partner was 2 weeks pregnant (the first natural cycle after the IVF and we weren't ttc). Obviously, with the PGD results we were very cautious, had nuchal-fold, CVS, ultrasound tests as soon as possible etc. but we're now at 24 weeks and everything still looks totally normal - expecting a daughter at the end of January! It's a cliche, but the last year has definitely been an emotional rollercoaster - the very best of luck to everybody riding it!

·
Registered
66 Posts
What a great story - thank you for sharing it with us. 

:)

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
Lorri - thank you for your kind words and support

Sculley - Thank you too

Trundlepuss - Thank you for such an uplifting story - it shows that miracles do happen.  Enjoy every moment.

Just been for acupuncture and she gave me everything to try to waken up my little follies  ^eyes^ ^shake^ ^shake^ ^shake^ ^fairydust^ ^jumpin^ ^spot^ ^smash^ ^smash^ ^smash^ ^pompom^ ^pompom^ so here's hoping the next 48 hours make all the difference to follies and my lining.

Nuala ;) :eek:

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Trundlepuss - what an amazing story !  Congratulations and thanks for sharing it with us goldies !  I would guess that ARGC did ICSI because they may have thought your dp's eggs may have had hard shells, as she was older. Obviously not the case, as she managed pg all by herself (with your help of course  ;) ). 

Nuala - Acupuncture has probably done the trick for you, there will be no stopping you now. Keep thinking positive thoughts and chanting positive mantras. This is what I chanted, sounding like a crazed woman "My eggs are growing. My eggs are maturing. My eggs are of good quality".  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

ET is tomorrow pm for me, if embies continue to divide. Embryologists have sounded so positive and encouraging, so my hopes are rising.  I will just have the 2ww to contend with then !

Take care everyone.

Lx

·
Registered
493 Posts
Well girls I have good news, our 2 frosties survived the thaw on wednesday and today went in to see if they had survived the night. They both were still dividing from a 4 and 8 cell to a 6 and 12 so the news couldn't have been better! So we had the transfer and are on the 2 week wait again. Fingers and legs crossed untill the 27th of october.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Lorri - hope ET was ok....happy 2ww (stay in touch)  ^bigbad^
Cesca - 2ww....good luck  ^reiki^
Nuala - hope news tomorrow is positive  ^reiki^

Me am EC'ing tomorrow, nervous - but looking forward to getting back to feeling better!!!! (sometime in the near future would be good). :eek:

Sculley

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Hi Goldies,

Just wanted to wish you all lots of luck!

Laine x

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Cesca - Thats great news !  Good luck on your 2ww, lets hope this is the one for both of us.  ^banana^

Sculley - Good luck for tomorrow, I will be thinking of you.

Nuala - Good luck with your scan and bloods tomorrow, hope you get the right result this time  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

I had my 2 embies put back today, 1 is a top grade 8 cell, but the other was still only a 2 cell, so probably nothing is going to happen with that one, but no point in leaving it out.  Testing on 25th October ^banana^

Lx

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Hi there!!
A really quick post to wish Sculley and Nuala all the best for today!!
Will look in later to catch up!!!
Lots of love
Yonny x ;D

·
Registered
710 Posts
Hi Lorri good luck on your 2ww hope this is the one for you.
There'e a lot happening today hope everyone is OK. Will  check for more news later
Z

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
Hiya Goldies!!!

Sculley - Thank you for the good wishes - which clinic are you attending?

Lorri - Hope the ET went well today  ;D and your embies are tucked up safe.  Take it easy and lots of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Cesca - congrats on youur little frosties being back at r(w)oom temperature.  Take it eash too  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^  they sound like fast growers ^Bubble Gum^ ^Bubble Gum^

Laine, Zora and Yonny - Thanks for the supportive wishes for today :) :)

Just back from London having spent almost 4 hours at the clinic....  the same lady who couldn't find my left ovary scanned me again today and she still couldn't find it - guess its camera shy :-[ :-[.  She reported two follies growing of decent size on my right with three others seen but smaller.  I know there is at least one large follie on my hidden ovary as it gives me lots of sharpish pains like the last time.  My lining is much better 6.5  ;D ;D but the scan lady didn't hold out much hope.  I then saw a nurse who said as I had two good ones to keep going but I was upset and disheartened and asked to see the doctor as I did not want to go through the whole EC for 2 follies :-\ :-\

I saw a lovely doctor who was much more upbeat and said it is still too early to call it - to keep taking the drugs and come back on Tuesday when they would make a decision as Liz the good scan lady will be back and hopefully my camera shy ovary will step out into the bright lights!! 8)  She explained there is no such thing as a wasted cycle as they would simply convert this one to IUI if not enough follies for IVF so I'm much happier to keep taking the druggies :) :) :)

Heres to lots of growing follies this weekend.

Nuala :) :)

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Sculley - I hope EC went well yesterday, I am anxiously awaiting your news. Hope you are recovering nicely, with your feet up.

Nuala - Thanks for your good wishes, I am trying to take it easy. As its the weekend, I have dh running around after me, I'm still in bed watching extreme makeover home edition, with a cuppa beside me - herbal of course  :) . The doctor is probably right, its too early, so keep taking the drugs and maturing those eggies and developing that lining. Just keep drinking plenty of water and milk and get plenty of rest, they are all supposed to help  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^.

Diane/Wannabemum - I just responded your note on 2ww board, I am so very sorry for your BFN, there are not enough words  ^hugme^

Zora - I hope you are doing OK, my thoughts are still with you.

Hello to everyone else - have a great weekend !

Lx

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Still no news from Sculley ?!

Nuala - Keep growing those follies and lining !  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
292 Posts
Has anybody heard from Diane (Wannabemum42) over the weekend? I was just thinking of her and hoping all is ok. I'm not sure if she has posted an update on another thread (I'm still finding my way around the site)?
Sally

·
Registered
493 Posts
Hi girls .I am now on day 4 after fet and am doing well. Feel good and not getting too paranoid yet. I think I have resigned myself to the fact it would be a complete miracle I'f it worked this time.We have had 4 attempts one being cancelled due to ohss. The cycle that the frosties are from was nearly cancelled due to ohss again but the clinic let me coast for 4 days so my oestrogen levels dropped to a safer level,before ec. Still suffered horredous pain with very swollen ovaries.The embryos we used in that cycle ended in a bfp but I miscarried at 6 wks There were 2 left over which were frozen.So this is our 5th and finall attempt as I am 44yrs old and egg quality has gone. What us older dears have to go through with all the worry of treatments and the same time the old biological clock ticking away just to add to the pressure! ^idiot^
I hope everyone else is ok and keep smiling! :)

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Cesca,

I don't know whether to respond on this thread or 2ww thread, as we both chat on both  ;D

I am also resigned and feel that it would be a complete miracle that it would work (can't get last bfn out of my head), but miracles do happen, and we have to cling on to that !  You got a bfp with these embies last time, so hopefully you will get bfp again, and maybe this time without all those stims in your system, you will carry on to full term  ^reiki^.

I still am having horrendous pains in my ovaries, especially  my left side, which is the side that had least follies ! But I know that will go on for a while, but will get better.

I know what you mean about the pressure and biological clock. The ticking is giving me a headache !
Lx

1 - 20 of 112 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.