Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All  Looking for some views.

We had a - cycle last november. I had OHSS and had to coast for 5 days. I was taking 150 Menopur.

The nurse mentioned us trying Gonal instead - does anyone know where I can find articles on advantages / disadvantages of both or any personal experience.

Any replies much appreciated. Besty x

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
Hi cant help with articles but I have used both gonal f and menopur.

1st cycle was gonal 5 - 6 eggs 1 fert but no division
2nd cycle abandoned pre stimms
3rd bfp on menopur 5 eggs 2 embies singleton pgy but mmc at 9.5w
4th bfp on gonal f (new clinic did not use menopur at all) 3 eggs 2 embies singleton pgy dd born January this year.

My previous clinic said quality sometimes was better on menopur but this clinic wouldnt use it at all said it made no difference and they preferred the "recipe" for gonal f....

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Hi,
I had 2 cycles with menopur, 12 eggs, 11 embies grade 2-grade 3/4 (bfn)
                                        9 eggs, 7 embies grade 2/3-grade 3/4 (bfn)

I then had lap and dye, so not sure if that made the difference.
I had combination of luveris and gonal-f 10 eggs, 8 embies grade 1-grade 3/4 (bfp>m/c)

I asked the consultant did I get better grade due to the drugs, but he said they are the same thing!!!

So, who know??!!  ::)

Love Cindersxxx

·
Registered
448 Posts
menopur has LH in it, Gonal-F is only FSH.
sometimes women have a better response with one than another - they may just want to switch you to see, or maybe they think the excess LH had something to do with your over-stimming.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Hi,

1st cycle 225iu gonal f - 1 follicle so cycle abandonned and converted to iui - bfn

2nd cycle 375 menopur - 8 follies 6 eggs 1 embrio ( probably due to dh's morph only being 8% normal and clinic not doing icsi) was told 4 eggs were mature and waiting to be fertilised.

My body did not respond well to gonal f and probably needs the combination of fsh/lh in meonpur. Btw when i did iui with 100mg of clomid and 3x 75iu of menopur I had 3 follies so a much better result than gonal f. I was only changed to gonal f because that's what my clinic did, I wish I had insisted now.

Take care,
Karen

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.