Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ladies

We are nearing the end of our journey, this will be our last shot at having a baby. So we are looking at DE and DS in spain possibly?
Please can anyone recommend a good clinic?

Curly x

·
Registered
369 Posts
Hi there

Eugin clinic - Barcelona - BFP second go with them.  Would strongly recommend.  xxx

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that x

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello Curly 1511,
Here my experience with BarcelonaIVF a new clinic in Barcelona Spain:
We had our first appointment on Tues 7th December. We both are really happy with Dr. Raul Olivares (very charming manner). We decide to start the egg donation treatment with IMSI with my next mens after Xmas ;-).We had 2 hours consultation with Dr.Olivares we discussed all the little, tiny doubts and we now have blind faith in this clinic. They are all really qualified, kind and very polite.
We decide to trust this new clinic because all the doctors are senior doctors of IM.
The embrologist is the first one who performed the IMSI in Spain. Her name is Dr. Rabanal.
And the best thing is the price of the treatment - all is included: IMSI, blastocyst culture and the freezing of remaining embryos - of course we will have frosties ;-).

They have now an offer - the first consultation is free!
http://www.********.com/home.php?sk=group_125799100815135

Good luck

Lisa

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all so much! x

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hi Curly1511,

I would highly recommend Ceram in Marbella.  They are small and personal and have some English staff, and Marbella is a lovely place to stay.  The Dr is brilliant and is with you through every single stage.  See the Ceramies threads for all the praise, success and info!

Good luck!

Lems x

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks ladies! We are also looking for DE, so hearing about your journey with CERAM using the DE tx would be good.

Curly xx

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hello there

We are also in the same situation as Noenat  ^reiki^

Congrats Noenat and all the best!!!  ^reiki^  ^reiki^ :-*

So far I cannot fault Ceram.  Communication A+, Planning A+, Speed of finding Donor A+, Similarities of match to me A+, and the good thing is, I get to find out her details 6 weeks or more in advance of EC!!!!  ANNddd if I was not happy, I have the chance to refuse and for them to look for a new Donor!!!

So really - I think they are fab... I will have to update with how I find them as we go through tx.

Eggtastic xxx

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Eggtastic and Noenat

Fab news Noenat!! Not long to go then. So what are the plans now you have a DE? Does she start tx straight away and you go over for Feb for the EC etc? I take it you have already been out there? Do you stay local to the clinic? Sorry so many questions  ::)

Eggtastic have you also found a Donor? I suppose you give them what you are looking for in a donor and then they find a match?? Its a whole new area for me, never thought i would have to go as far as this, but there you go

Can i ask, if you dont mind,  roughly how much it all costs?

Im wishing you both heaps of luck!!!!! Have you been through many tx's?

Curly x

·
Registered
852 Posts
I'd second Ruth's suggestion for Procreatec. They are a really fantastic group, and the doctor Jennifer Rayward is a gem. I've felt very comfortable with them. If you're interested there's a FF thread 'Procreatec Comes up Trumps 2' -there's a string of recent successes

x Molly

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Neonat

Ive just looked at the Hotel, it looks lovely!!! Both Barcelona IVF and CERAM look like really nice clinics, just need to decided which one! I joined the ******** page of Barcelona IVF and he write some very interesting articles! And the first consult free is good, i think? Or desperate for patients? I guess if they have not been open long they have to build up the reputation.

Thanks again for the info! Look forward to hearing how you tx goes!

Curly x

·
Registered
619 Posts
Hi Curly

You are most welcome to pm me if you have any questions about CERAM.

all the best

Jane

·
Registered
293 Posts
Well, I have been researching clinics for about 6 weeks now and whilst my head is swirling I think due to direct flights we are going to opt for Barcelona. Can anyone reccomend a good clinic is Spain with not too long a waiting list. Have decided we are not going to IM.

Many thanks

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Julia

Which clinic is IM? If we go to Spain i think we will use CERAM in Marbella (spelling?)

By what i have read there are not so much waiting lists its the matching of donors etc. If your not doing donor then i think tx can start as soon as.

Curly

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi ladies,

I am new to this thread, We are endeavouring  to do our  5th fertility Tx in Spain and have decided to go with Bcnivf in Barcelona with Dr Raul Olivares.  I had been a patient of his at Instituto Marques for 3 of our treatments and hold him in very high regard.  He has started this new clinic so we taking a final leap of faith with him for many reasons . We fly to Barcelona for consultation on the 1st of February.
Just wondered if anyone has had treatment so far. Lisa + Martin  have you been over yet for Tx ?
I believe I have immune issues so having a telephone consultation next week with Dr Gorgy before I fly over. This will be our 18 th fertility Tx to date. We were just so so  desparate after we lost our baby in June and only now feeling the strength to try again.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Gwendy said:
Hi ladies,

I am new to this thread, We are endeavouring to do our 5th fertility Tx in Spain and have decided to go with Bcnivf in Barcelona with Dr Raul Olivares. I had been a patient of his at Instituto Marques for 3 of our treatments and hold him in very high regard. He has started this new clinic so we taking a final leap of faith with him for many reasons . We fly to Barcelona for consultation on the 1st of February.
Just wondered if anyone has had treatment so far. Lisa + Martin have you been over yet for Tx ?
I believe I have immune issues so having a telephone consultation next week with Dr Gorgy before I fly over. This will be our 18 th fertility Tx to date. We were just so so desparate after we lost our baby in June and only now feeling the strength to try again.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just popped back on to say Good Luck Gwendy im keeping everything crossed for you. You deserve some good luck with your journey through IVF!

AFM - After weighing up all the options. We have decided to go to Cape Town for our ED. The tx is cheaper and even with the flights added on and staying 2 weeks over there, it only amounts to roughly £200 more. You also get to choose your donor, in Spain they find a donor for you and you don't have a say. So here we go again!!

Wish all you ladies good luck in your treatments!

Curly x

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.