Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,  yes i know I'm really grabbing at straws here  ^idiot^ but i've just had a well-woman check up through my work and a couple of things have cropped up in my blood tests.  I have higher than normal leves of creatinine and uric acid.  Creatinine is something to do with the kidneys and uric acid is something to do with gout.  Has anyone heard anything about these two things that could possibly affect your immune system and therefore affect fertility???  Thank you all in advance for reading my post  :)

·
Registered
547 Posts
Hello there

Sorry to hear about your probs. I am no doc and have no idea if these things could be specifically related to immune problems although I guess if they are impacting on your general health they could affect your fertility and indicate that something is out of balance. In accupuncture kidney energy seems to be really important for fertility/ pregnancy.  When I had my testing done at the Alan Beer Centre they did do tests for urea, creatinine etc, mine came ok so I didn't ask about the relevance of them.  Have you spoken to your GP? Might be a starting point. May be someone else will know a bit more about all this

Best wishes

Bx

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much for replying.  :)  I already have acupuncture so I will speak to her later on this week about it.  If anyone else can offer any thoughts I'm all ears  ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts