Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Peter

I've just found this amazing site & you are wonderful!!! :D

I'm on my third fresh cycle, after already having a daughter from an FET. I've just had ET, after a dissapointing collection - out of 23 follicles, only 7 eggs were collected, of which 4 were mature. ???

Three fertilised & were all 7/8 cells but quite fragmented. One they said was a grade 2/3 & the others weren't that good. I've been scanning the site & 7/8 cells sounds pretty good for day 2. But i was wondering what the importance is with the grading of embryos compared with the number of cells, in other words, are they really good for having so many cells or does it make no difference because of the grade?

Thanks loads ;)
Min
XX

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi Min

Sorry I can't help you with your questions but I just wanted to welcome you. This is a great site and I am sure you will find lots of support here, I know I have.

Take care

Hellen :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hi Min,

Great question - cant wait for Peters reply. I would like to know it in reverse.

I got 3 embies of which 1 x Gade 1, 1 x Grade 2 and 1 x Grade 3. (They grade 1-5 so they were all average or better) On day 2 they were only 2 cell. They put the Grade 1 and 2 ones back suggesting we shouldnt do all three as they were good ones and triplets was a possibility. We failed. Afterwards we were told we had little chance of success as they were only 2 cells. I am frustrated with clinic for misleading me - its bad enough to go through htis treatment without conflicting info being given by clinic.

Love Alliosn

·
Registered
856 Posts
Please see my comments in your text:

Minnie said:
Hi Peter

I've just found this amazing site & you are wonderful!!! :D

Thanks, I am glad to be of help!

I'm on my third fresh cycle, after already having a daughter from an FET. I've just had ET, after a dissapointing collection - out of 23 follicles, only 7 eggs were collected, of which 4 were mature. ???

Rather a disappointing result.

Three fertilised & were all 7/8 cells but quite fragmented. One they said was a grade 2/3 & the others weren't that good. I've been scanning the site & 7/8 cells sounds pretty good for day 2. But i was wondering what the importance is with the grading of embryos compared with the number of cells, in other words, are they really good for having so many cells or does it make no difference because of the grade?

Both really. We need to see cell division to be sure that the embryo is growing as expected. 7/8 cells on day 2 is very good. The grade is another matter as there is currently no standardiation between labs and different labs use different scales. I want to get this standardised but I have not had much luck so far. At present I would not worry too much about the grade unless there is a comment about high fragmentation which may (or may not!!) affect the outcome.

Hope this helps!

Peter

Thanks loads ;)
Min
XX

·
Registered
856 Posts
Please see my comments in your text:

AllisonT said:
Hi Min,

Great question - cant wait for Peters reply. I would like to know it in reverse.

I got 3 embies of which 1 x Gade 1, 1 x Grade 2 and 1 x Grade 3. (They grade 1-5 so they were all average or better) On day 2 they were only 2 cell. They put the Grade 1 and 2 ones back suggesting we shouldnt do all three as they were good ones and triplets was a possibility.

Good advice

We failed.

I am sorry to hear that

Afterwards we were told we had little chance of success as they were only 2 cells. I am frustrated with clinic for misleading me - its bad enough to go through htis treatment without conflicting info being given by clinic.

They should have explained this to you. Some embryos go to two cell and then do not grow any more. That's why we like to see 6-8 cell before transfer, Having said this I have seen many pregnancies from 2 cell embryos. It just sounds like poor information on the part of your clinic.

Regards,

Peter

Love Alliosn

1 - 5 of 5 Posts