Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Peter

I wonder if you could answer this question for me; I have had two ICSI attempts. the first I had 13 eggs of which 10 fertilized but from this point on only 3 went on to divide well and two of these were 4 cell ovoids, any thoughts on this?

In my second attempt the quality seemed to be much better, I had 12 eggs of which 8 fertilized and they graded 3 of them at 2/3 (3 being the best in their scale) but they did comment that they were granular. I'm not too sure what this means but I don't think its too good.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Anna

·
Registered
856 Posts
ansie said:
Hi Peter

I wonder if you could answer this question for me; I have had two ICSI attempts. the first I had 13 eggs of which 10 fertilized but from this point on only 3 went on to divide well and two of these were 4 cell ovoids, any thoughts on this?

The cleavage rate is very poor here, was any explanation offered? Ovoid embryos can be caused by too much suction pressure at collection or rough handling during ICSI or both!

In my second attempt the quality seemed to be much better, I had 12 eggs of which 8 fertilized and they graded 3 of them at 2/3 (3 being the best in their scale) but they did comment that they were granular. I'm not too sure what this means but I don't think its too good.

Granular is a very vague comment and has no significance as far as I am concerned.

Good luck!

Peter

Thanks in advance for your help.

Anna

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Peter

Thanks very much for taking the time to reply to my e-mail. You mention that the cleavage rate was very poor in my first ICSI, they told me that they thought my eggs were poor. I was 35 at the time and they said I had the eggs of someone in their forties. No mention was made of sperm, which I believe from your posts is just a big a factor. My DH sometimes has very high levels of abnormal sperm up to 96% and often very low volume, 4 million on our last go.

I had the second attempt at a different place which might explain why none of the embryos were ovoid that time!

Thanks in advance for your help

Anna

1 - 3 of 3 Posts