Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Home Girlies ^afro^

I still havent found those stars  :-[ but will be popping a new list up real soon ;)

Catch you all in a little bit
Loadsa Love
Jax
xxx

·
Premium Member
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Morning all ^daisy^

Welcome to the thread, Nicola G, Jo (Skelly), Polly and Birthbaby ^afro^

Still havent found any reward stars so may just play with the symbols we have for now ;)

Guess we should also have a little blip symbol too (just to remind us we've been naughty ;D)

Crazy 1st April 04 ^clapping^
Kelly77 June 04 ^clapping^
Kia 4th June 04 ^clapping^
Jenifer31 August 04 ^clapping^
Sarahm68 1st Aug 04 ^clapping^
Reb 27th Aug 04 ^clapping^
DebbieD 30th Aug 04 ^clapping^
Birthbaby 24th Aug 04 ^clapping^
Lisa1 18th Sep 04 ^clapping^
Tinks78 20th Sep 04 ^clapping^
Jamapot 29th Sep 04 ^clapping^
Bels 4th Oct 04 ^clapping^
Nicola G 13th Oct 04 ^clapping^
Polly 14th Oct 04 ^clapping^
Skelly (Jo) 14th Oct 04 ^clapping^

Well fortunately for me, I've been too busy to even think about having a ciggie ^spin^ but havent been able to decrease my doseage yet :(, still I'm not going to worry about it this week ^roflmao^

Hope to catch up with you all soon,
Loadsa Love
Jax
xxx

·
Registered
166 Posts
Afternoon girls.
Thanks for the new home jampot,how's it going,glad to see your still not smoking. ;)
I'm still being good only just but i'm coping.
Chat to you all soon.Lisa 1

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey Jax :-*
Thanx for the new home ::)
Great to see so many names on your list! Hope everyones coping Ok ^afro^
I'm now on day 6 of being a non smoker, must say it is nice not to be wheezing anymore! ::)
Gotta be honest though, some days are really tough, bought some liquorice twists (Asda!) and I've been munching through them like no ones business!! ^evil^
Is anyone else on nicotine patches?
Do they give you very vivid dreams, or is it just me?
This'll give you a laugh, drempt last night I went in for my FET, and there's me with legs up in stirrups and the nurse produces a poached egg to implant!!! Bloody hell
Only 16 days til FET, agh!!! Was really looking forward to it.....beware of poached eggs!!!!!
^shake^ ^shake^ ^shake^
Love to all good luck wotever stage your at ^reiki^
Polly xx

·
Premium Member
5,346 Posts
Hi Everyone !!!!!!!!

Just thought I'd stick my head round the door and see how you are all doing. As you know, I gave up in August and am still going strong. The hypnotherapy made such a difference to me. I don't think I could have done without it. I'm glad the liqorice is working for lots of you too. Its funny how it helps ??? .

I am up to 3 months now. I rarely ever 'crave' a cigarette but when I do it takes a lot of will power to resist. I normally go looking in the kitchen for a suitable substitute (liqorice normally!) and the craving goes away by the time I sit down again ! Of course, I have none in the house anyway and I live miles away from the shops so that helps !! ;D

So keep it up and remember, it gets easier and easier. I can go to the pub and hardly miss smoking now ! AND I HATE the smell on smokers clothes ! eeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww ;D

Lots of Love
Jennifer

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hell girls
Just to let you know that despite many temptations, I haven't had a single smoke since last week
I am on the licquorice but haven't noticed any difference apart from black teeth, although I haven't tried it with red wine yet - but since stopping much red wine has flowed down the throat. I daren't admit how much

I am sorry to say that I am not going totally cold turgkey as I am using nicorette gum, wish I wasn't tho as I keep biting my lip or cheek when chewing

Good to see we're all hanging in there

Best wishes
Jo

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
I have a confession to make  ::) I had 2 ciggies last night and they were lovely!  :-[

Going out with mates tonight and I hope I don't lapse again - I just have to keep thinking of babies and hopefully that will do the trick!  ;)

So I think I should have a  naughty symbol against my name  ^evil^ just to remind me how bad I've been!

Nic G xxxx

·
Premium Member
4,394 Posts
Nicola ... In that case I need a naughty symbol too! .. 2 **** yesterday ... naughty Bels  :(
but at least it wasn't 20 ;D

I think it was I came off the patches too soon ... I was getting cocky for a mo ! ^roflmao^

Anyway, back on the patches, so I am a good girl again! ::)

Have a good weekend everyone !

Belinda xxx

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Hi Bels  :)

A friend of mine has recommended a book to me to give up smoking - she wrote the author's name down for me but as I'm down regging at the moment I'm really forgetful and I forgot to pick up the bit of paper!  ;D

When I find out the name again I'll post the info.

Nic xxx

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Hi Ladies

Just returned from my night out and yes as I predicted earlier I have been naughty again  ^evil^ bought a packet of 10 ciggies and finished the lot!  :eek:

Tomorrow is another day - no more ciggies - blooming evil things!

Nic G xxxx

p.s. I hope to be back with the non-smokers again by the morning please don't delete me off the list!  :-\  But I guess I'll have a few naughty signs against my name!  :-[

Take care huns  :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sorry to say that I bought a pack of 10 yesterday morning and have smoked 9 of them
I think I was stressed out because I was going to the clinic to see how I've reacted to the clomid (5 follies on the right and nowt on the left)
Anyway I'm deffo off the snouts now as were coming up to a big week when hopefully I will be getting a shot of the  ^sperm^ around midweek and I don't want them getting lost in the fog
Does the gum or patches have an effect on the  ^sperm^ ?

Have had a look at the poll, looks like I'm going to have to get  ^hump^ with the husband over the next week - he's going to think christmas has come early

Oh well, back on the wagon

Have a good weekend, keep your chins and everything else up

Jo ^evil^ ^evil^ ^evil^

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi ya Girlie's ::)

Well gotta be honest...I had a relasp on Friday night, only 2 ciggies though :mad:

We decided to crack open the wine, & ended up having a bottle each :-, go to say this is defiantly not a good idea when you've got so many drugs inside you!!
I ended up sobbing my heart out, for no particular reason! And went to bed by 8.30!! :'(, also felt like c**p all of the next day)

So I'm back on the wagon, hopefully I won't fall off again, got 2nd scan this Wed, and if alls going well only 12 days til FET, scary when you put it into days!!

Good luck to you all!
^reiki^ ^reiki^
pol X

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hello everyone,

I have been reading all your messages and would like to join you if that is ok?
I should be starting my first ICSI treatment soon (ec sometime mid Dec) and I really want to give up before then.
Can I confess.....I am very, very weak when it comes to cigarettes... ;D
I don't think I would be giving up if it wasn't for having tx. Although dh doesn't smoke and he hates it!
I have tried a few times over the past few weeks but have fallen off the wagon every time. I find that the patches take the craving away, the 24 hour ones, but they make me feel really light headed and I have had to take them off twice because they actually made me sick! Is this because I am putting them on before going to bed or should I try the next level down??
A few questions...
Will I be alright on patches and going through treatment? Is it the smoking or the nicotine that is harmful? Will it have the patch have any effect on tx?
I'm going to buy some liquorice on Monday as that seems to help a few of you.
Do you know it actually frightens me posting this because I am sure that I will be the biggest failure on this thread!  ::)

Any advice gratefully received....

Sending strength to you all....you are all doing so well.

Love
dotty xx
^daisy^

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi girls,how are we all doing.
Welcome dotty,hope your doing ok,i found the 24 hour patches got rid of the cravings but did give me really bad nightmares so i take them off when i go to bed and put them on again when i get up,i also found sugar free lollipops worked well,and i've got the cleanest teeth as every time i had a craving i cleaned them ,hope this helps.
As for me i still not smoking and it's 7 weeks now so i am calling myself a non smoker.keep upthe good work girls .
Love Lisa 1 (non smoker) :-* :-*

·
Registered
247 Posts
Congratulations Lisa!

Well...small confession.....hmmm....no it doesn't matter.....oh ok then....

I only put my first patch on today! I'm a bad, bad dotty!  ;D

But have to say after an initial sicky feeling I feel ok. I even went to the pub to 'test' myself! Can't do things by halves!

So roll on my new 'non smoking' lifestyle.

Hope everyone else is doing ok?

dotty xx ^daisy^

PS I have been here before and have fallen off the wagon so lets hope that posting on here shames me into carrying on! Thanks girls.

·
Premium Member
4,394 Posts
^oops^ I haven't posted for a while ... and I have been naughty :(

I have fallen off the wagon every so often ... it's all DH's fault! ;D he keeps having a sneaky *** too!

Anyway, I am off to Venice on Friday and although I am really looking forward to it, I am somewhat nervous as we are going with big drinking and smoking friends and I don't know about you, but I always find it difficult when I have a glass of wine in my hand ... I drink rarely, so 2 glasses and I am drunk and the **** look like beautiful jewelled accessories instead of cancer sticks  ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^

Wish me luck ... I have packed half the suitcase with patches to help, but I am fearful that it will all end messy! :(  Bet I fall in a canal as well!  ;D ;D

Hope everyone is doing OK ... this thread has gone quiet again ......... Belinda xx

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
I too have been bad  ^shake^

Have to be on the straight and narrow now as I've had stimms scan today - there are 21 follies and I'm having ec on Monday - so no more smokes!!!  But its so hard as I get all nervous and it really helps to calm me down when I have one!

Bels - have a lovely time in Venice - I know what you mean about the influence of friends around you who like a drink and a smoke it is very hard but willpower is the key!  Yeh right! Try your best hun that's all you can do  ;D

Nic G xxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
4,394 Posts
Nic G,

Good luck for monday hun!!! ... drinks loads of water after e/c too!!!

Belinda xx

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Will do - thanks Bels  ;)

The scary thing is I've been drinking about 1.5 to 2 litres a day since I started tx!

Nic G xxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
Hey there you none smoking people...

Sorry its been so long since I posted last... still not smoking and now DH is banashed to smoking in the garden cos I am in the 2ww and my test date is

24th november ... how cool is that !!!!!!!!

Love and hugs.. keep up the good work

Tinksxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1 - 20 of 37 Posts