Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Great girlies giving up smoking!

14K views 94 replies 19 participants last post by  jamapot 
#1 ·
Bloody well done to all of you, let me know who would like to be joined to the list and the date you gave up.

Keep it up all of you ;D

Kia - 4th June 04
Sarahm68 - 1st August 04
Reb - 27th August 04
DebbieD - 30th August 04

A place for you to chat and encourage each other :)

#27 ·
sorry to but in just being nosey

wanted to say well done all of  you, i stopped smoking in march 2003 i feel so much better for it, sometimes i do get the smell of someone lighting up and it makes me fancy a ciggy, but no way would i let myself down after all this time,

keep up the good work

luv pam xxx

P.s. it does get soooo much easier and it is definately worth getting through the first few weeks

#28 ·
hey girlies xxxx

Ok Day 3 of being a Non somker..... last night was a lot easier than the first night..... and this morning wasnt to bad either..... I will keep you posted if I fancy a *** I will post on here instead....

Thanks Girles xxxx

I dont smoke I dont smoke I dont smoke....
" would you like a ciggie" ??? TINKS REPLIES No thank-you I dont smoke!!!!!

^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^

#29 ·
^pompom^ ^pompom^ ^pompom^ Yipee Tinks doesn't smoke !! Well done Tinks ^pompom^ ^pompom^ ^pompom^

Well done Tinks - We are all proud of you - each day is easier than the last
Jennifer xx xx

#31 ·
I am craving I am craving .... help it always gets worse after lunch/in the afternoon xxxx

10 reasons not to smoke ladies please and be very graphic xxx

Thanks

Tinks

#32 ·
1. Its not good for the baby you are longing for
2. It is shockingly bad for your health too
3. It stinks Tinks (!)
4. Your blood already has as much oxygen back in as before you ever smoked.
5. Your body has already begun to expel all the toxins from **** through your wee, sweat etc
6. The little hairs on your lungs (which you burned off) are growing again
7. Your sense of smell and taste are beginning to recover
8. You do not want to be beholden to a foul smelling stick anymore
9. You do not want the last few days to have been for nothing
10. Coz you won't let yourself down and don't want to have to admit on here that you had one !

Tinks - Your brain really thinks it needs nicotine - thats why you crave - But your brain is wrong on this one - you don't need it and you are better off without it - Come on - you are doing really well - where is your liquorice ?
Jennifer xx

#33 ·
Euewwwwwww

That will do it thanks  yuck nasty sicky smelly stinking ciggies

I DONT WANT YOU,

#34 ·
Hi everyone

Tinks, well done you, you know it makes sense.  I gave up on 27/8/2004 and and everyone is right, it does get easier.  I know I'll think about wanting a cig for a while yet but I dont have the same cravings and think about less and less ;D.  Having acupunchure has really help me stay focused, though I'm a bit sick of having pins stuck in me at mo, lol.

Fingers crossed, hello!!  -  what happened to my 'giving up' thread??  It so nice of you to ask about me.  I have nt fallen off the wagon and doing really well.  How are you??

Good luck to everyone trying to stop the  ^evil^ weed.

Bec
x

#35 ·
Good morning ladies...

Well its day 4 of me being a non smoker..... and it is getting easier already... I have bought some sugar free lollies which help a great deal, my DH is being fantastic he is smoking outside and also he is not smoking in the car.

Where I live in Dubai my weekend is friday Saturday...

This is the time I am dreading, the weekend I think this will be the test for me. I have a birthday party tonight and I am going to my friends house on Friday..

Will any of you ladies be around on Sunday...??

Anyway bring on day 4

Love and hugs

Lisa

#36 ·
Awwwww Tinks - You are doing so well hun !!! Keep it up over the weekend - I will be popping in on Sunday to check on you !!  Don't tink you can just sneak one and get away with it   ;D  ^police^ ;D

Reb - Excellent - I gave up just a short while before you - Its so much better being a non smoker isn't it !!  Are you giving yourself treats with the extra cash ?  I bought myself some new clothes !!! (Spent more than a months *** money but never mind !!   ;) )  The savings from now on will have to be put by for my tx  ^eyes^

Jennifer
xx xx

#37 ·
hey ladies.... xxxx
Just got back from the pharmacy.. I felt like I bought the whole joint!!!

3 packs of baby asprin
2 packs of 1000 mg vit c
2 packs of pregnacare
1 bottle of calcium vits

lol I felt quite a health freak !!!! and I walked right past Mcdonalds my friend bought a cheesburger and I didnt...
How cool I have given up smoking- carbs- sugar- alcohol- caffine... so its not just the smokes which I am craving!!!

Anyway love to you all
Thanks for all your support xxxx I am as determined not to let myself down as I am not to let you girls down as well.... I think that is enough to see me through xxxx

#38 ·
You don't do things by halves do you Tinks !!!  My body would think my head had fallen off if i gave up all of that in one go !!!

Well Done - Keep Going xx xx xx  ;)

#39 ·
^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^

Well I thought why not... if I can get it all done in one attempt rather that bit by bit!!! Its not easy though ..

You are helping soooooo much!! I have lost 2 kg already !!!! WHOOOPIEEEEEE

love and hugs xxxx

#40 ·
Hi girls,mind if i join you,i stopped smoking on saturday 18.09.
I'm really worried as i have tried to give up before and have usually fallen of the wagon by day ten  :-[.
Tinks well done hun keep up the good work.
I'm off to get another lollipop.Love Lisa 1 xx

#41 ·
Hi Lisa

Good luck Lisa, we'll help you along  ;D.  How have you been doing since you posted??

Reb
x

#42 ·
Good Luck Lisa!!!!

I am on count down till quit day now !!!

Belindax

PS ... is anyone using patches?  if you are, can you let me know if they are any good?

#43 ·
Hi girls xxx

Welcome lisa, the girls on this thread have helped me soooooo much, well its day 6 for me and I am definantly a NON SMOKER.!!!!

My dh booked a table for our anniversary tonight and its in the non smoking section How cool,

I was a bit worried about the weekend and quitting, but I did it I soooooooooooooo did it, my dh is also going to quit on Monday.
I feel so much better.

Tinks ( aka Lisa )

#44 ·
Gotta be quick

WELL DONE TINKS - you've done really well - Good Luck to DH too now !!  Will IM you when i have more time...

EVERYONE ELSE - GOOD LUCK - YOU CAN DO IT - WE HAVE

XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX

#45 ·
Hi girls

Well, it was a real milestone for me last night (gave up on 27/8/04).  I went to visit friends who smoke.  I used to love sitting around the dinning table with a glass of wine, having a *** and a natter.  I asked them not to avoid smoking as I need to get used to it.

Anyway, I got through it  ;D.  They had their red wine and cigs and I had my cranberry juice so I could pretend I was joining in  :).  I never thought that would never happen!!

Tinks - well done you for getting over the weekend!!  ;D and good to DH for mon.

Reb
x

#46 ·
My hypnotherapist told me to use liquorice as a subsitute for nicotine and wow it goes sooooooooooo well with red wine - I am gonna have liquorice on the table when we have friends over in future - Its a match made in heaven !!!  Yummy - want some now actually  ;D  DH loves it too !!!  I take liquorice to the pub and keep some in the car with me in case I fancy a *** !!!  It does seem to work

Jennifer xx xx

#47 ·
Mmmm, liquorice and red wine eh.  When I can drink again I will try it.

Does it work with cidar?

Thanks for the idea.

Bec
x

#48 ·
Hi girls,it's day 10 and i'm still not smoking,which is a miracle after trip to hossie yesterday,did not go very well at all,but i didn't go to nearest shop and buy some although i was very tempted. ;D
Bels,i've been using patches this time,they work really well,they can make you itch for about an hour after putting then on,but that might just be me as i have psoriasis.
Well done Tinks day 8 and still not smoking?keep it up and well done to dh,hows he doing?
Right i'm off to buy some liquorice.The strawberry ones my favourite.
We can do this Love Lisa 1 :-* :-*

#49 ·
Thanks Lisa ... well done on getting to day 10 .... yipeeeeeee!!!!!!

I am on count down now to the big day, so I am off to Boots to get some patches and liquorice to!!!!

Love to all .... Belinda xx

#50 ·
Well done everybody  :) :)

Today I have reached 9 weeks of being smoke free !!!  I am amazed coz I have been smoking more than 20 a day for years  :eek:

For anyone who doesn't know - I had hypnotherapy and used liquorice as a substitute (apparently it mimicks nicotine in the body  ??? weird)  I can honestly say that it has been easier than I expected - I have had moments where i've wanted a *** but they have passed fairly quickly. 

The best thing about giving up smoking is that I have discovered how well the liquorice goes with red wine - an incredible discovery - Mmmmmmm !!!

There are dozens of reasons now why I would not want to smoke again and I feel so much better for it.  Ciggies still pop into my mind every day but soon pop out again !!

Good luck everybody
Jennifer xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ps - anyone heard from Tinks - she has been awful quiet ???

#51 ·
To all the great girlies out there....

WELL DONE!! Reading all the posts has given me the kick up the a*se to make the decision to make a date to quit  :eek: !!
So this coming Monday it is, be prepared to be moaned at, also the odd rant & rave will probably happen :mad:
but as I go in for FET on 5th Nov, I really should've done this a LONG time ago, never mind....  ^mercy^
Will take you up on the liquorice though, last time I quit (which lasted 4 months) lollipops were my new habit, I was soon on 15 a day & 1 stone heavier!
So lots of luck to everyone, its gonna be tough, but if it helps to get that so longed for baby its got to be worth  it.
Love to all
Pol xx ^reiki^ ^goodluck^

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.