Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been visiting FF as a guest for a while and finally plucked up courage to register - it's the first time I've ever used a message board so forgive me if I get things wrong!

I'm 35, hubby is 46 with two daughters, 18 and 15, from previous marriage (they don't live with us). He had a vasectomy about 12 years ago, and has had two reversal operations. The second was partially successful but we need to do ICSI. We're at SEFG Tunbridge Wells. First ICSI last summer, negative, produced 10 frosties but none survived thaw for FET in October. Second ICSI Feb this year, negative. Had been preparing for FET with 5 frosties from that cycle, but heard yesterday 2 hours before ET that none had survived. I'm really disappointed that with 15 frosties I didn't get even one to transfer - the thawing rates I hear about on here seem to be much better than that.

Am feeling particularly down at the mo as the colleague who sits next to me has just told me she's pregnant, I've got to spend Saturday babysitting our friend's 15-month-old and the weekend after is a bbq with two friends who have babies born within two weeks of each other last September - babies everywhere!!

Husband is very supportive and says we should do a third ICSI cycle, but I'm feeling so knocked back after yesterday. Haven't told anyone at all about our treatment, so it's great to be able to compare experiences with people on FF who understand! I've learnt loads from the site and it's saved me from feeling so isolated.

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Hi Beano,

Welcome to FF - glad to see you finally plucked up the courage to post.  Dont worry - we wont bite ;D ;D  In fact, I'm sure you will find the site to be a great source of information, support, inspiration and make some friends along the way.  It has really helped me and I'm sure it will help you through the difficulties and heartache of fertility problems.  It is such a difficult thing to have to cope with and I often wonder how we all manage.  The only conclusion I can come up with is that we are all such STRONG and AMAZING women even though its often the last thing we would think about ourselves.  But it is true - we have so much to cope with as we struggle towards our dream and like you say there are pg women and babies everywhere and they are hard reminders to have to face sometimes.

I hope you find the strength to go for another ICSI cycle although I too feel like I just want to give up and that I cant take too much more.  But with a supportive husband by your side I'm sure you can do it if its what you decide.  And of course we will be here with you to help you through it.  But given everything that is going on around you just now, why dont you just take a little time out before you make a decision. 

Whatever you decide, I wish you lots of luck.  Here's some positive energy for you ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Love Olwen xx

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
Hi Beano
course you can join!  Soon you won't know why you didnt join up before - stop lurking and come out and chat!!!  ;D ;D

Really sorry to hear about your cycles and frosties.  ^hugme^

Oh boy!  A husband who actually wants to persuade you to try again!! I say do it, third time can be lucky!!

Those damn pregnant ladies and babies are everywhere aren't they?   I never saw so many as when we were ttc!  Sounds like you're doing pretty well dealing with it if you're babysitting a 15 month old, even though it makes you sad.  It makes us all sad, hun - you're absolutely not alone there.

Take care and good luck with your treatment if you decide to give it another go.

Claire x

·
Premium Member
14,698 Posts
Welcome to FF Beano

Sorry to hear you didnt get any frosties to transfer :( Treatment can be so stressful. you sound like you have got a supportive partner so thats great ^afro^
Good luck with whatever you decide!
Come join us on the boards!!

Love
suzie aka olive xx
^fairydust^

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hi Beano,
Just wanted to say welcome and that you will get all the advice and support you need on this site. Also remember you'll never be alone as we're all going through or gone through fertility problem so we understand how hard it is.
All my love and support Clare xx

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone for your lovely welcome messages - look forward to chatting with you all.

Beano x

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.