Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a book called "What to Expect when you're Expecting."  I think it's a little alarmist and my husband had to take it away from me because it mentions every possible thing that could go wrong in pregnancy in graphic detail.

It mentions that Green Tea should be limited in pregnancy but doesn't say why.  I've tried to research this, and I've read in some websites that green tea should be restricted because too much caffeine can be bad.

I'm wondering if decaf green tea is O.K.  The reason I'm asking is because I've discontinued my BP meds.  My doc had said during my previous pregnancy that BP usually decreases during the first trimester anyway and that it was best not to expose a developing fetus to another BP med during the first trimester unless necessary.

So far, I'm being expectantly managed and taking calcium supplements, exercising 3x week, and taking independently lab tested fish oil capsules to help keep my BP stable.  Green tea also lowers my BP and I would like to continue to drink the decaf kind if it's safe during pregnancy. 

Is green tea safe and are there any other safe supplements that lower BP?

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Broken - My DW pointed out that China has the highest population also as my DW is chinese and drinks green tea and all the scans seem fine, I wouldn't get too worried.  However DW does not take any other caffinated drink (+ uses fewer tea leaves than normal) and with any warning it is better to be cautious after all the stress of treatment we've gone through.

Regards
Andy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts