Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd stick my head in and say a quick hello you, as I'm very new here!

Today we had 2 of our only eggs (non left over for freezing..eeek!), and are facing the possibility of twins - which we certainly were not bargaining for.  Somewhat arrogantly I'll admit, thought our eggs would be plentiful and of a good grade.  I am humbled.  All of our available eggs are now in my basket.

So, now the count down begins until 15th December when I find if the result is positive.  ^pray^ (this must the most used emoticon here right??)

It's lovely to know you are all here in what is clearly a very supportive forum.  I've not told anybody at work (although I had to tell my boss as he was getting a little put off with all the time I was taking off work), and only a handful of my friends.  To know this option to talk here in confidence is a great relief and no doubt very valuable in times to come!

Wishing you all the best in your fertility efforts and I look forward to sharing stories with you.

Kind regards
Kate

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
...forgot to ask in my earlier post - been cramping a little since EC.  No abnormal discharge.
Is this ok and what does this mean?
Cheers!
K

·
Premium Member
6,986 Posts
to FF!

Cramping is very common during the 2 week wait, you'll be analysing every single twingle an inspecting your underwear for any signs, but frustratingly, all you can do is wait, not test early, and do a HPT on your officiasl test day ^hugme^ Keep your mind occupied with puzzles, dvd's, good books ^reiki^
Please have a good look around the site and feel free to post in any area, and make yourself at home. There are many who are on their TTC journey, and others who have been fortunate to have little ones with assistance. You will soon discover that our members are very encouraging of one another and offering advice or just simple hugs. There's a vast amount of information here for everyone, so start reading, posting and getting to know others. You will make some great friends too, lots of members often have meet ups locally too, for chats, coffee, shopping or even nights out! You can share conversations with one another freely, simply because we all understand each other. It's hard when family and friends don't fully comprehend what this journey entails and the emotions that go with it. That's where we come in!

Here are some links which you should find really useful at the moment……

What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) ~ CLICK HERE

Complimentary, Holistic and Spiritual Approaches ~ CLICK HERE

IVF General ~ CLICK HERE

While undergoing treatment, you might find it useful to join other ladies having treatment at the same time. The Cycle Buddies threads are just for that. Just pop along to the appropriate month and say "Hi" when you are ready to start treatment.

Cycle buddies ~ CLICK HERE

2WW, Ladies in Waiting ~ CLICK HERE

You can also "meet" and chat with people in your local area through the Location boards. This is especially useful to find people who may be using the same clinic and or in the same PCT area.

Wishing you lots of luck ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ and ^fairydust^
Keep in touch
Ceri xx

PS I have also sent you a pm (private message)

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Hi kate

I'm sure you'll find everyone on here really helpful and supportive, it's complete godsend this site.

I'm just curious you say you had ET today and then your OTD (official test date) is 15th?  That seems quite quick cos i had DFET (donor frozen embryo transfer) on 2nd Dec (last Thurs) and my OTD is 16th December although girls on here have told me that as it was 5 day blasts transfer it might be ok to test after 12 days rather than waiting 14.  What day transfer did you have?

GGx

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi GG,

Mind if I ask if you had a wait for DFET?  What was the cost and how many trips did you need?

Were you confident about their standards?

Good Luck

Thanks

Nicola

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Hi Chubby

I didn't actually have much of a wait at Reprofit.  I was originally planning 'mini' OEIVF but when i found out about my dodgy chromosomes i asked if i could have DFET as back up then got too scared to use my own eggs and asked to switch totally. So my wait from asking to do it, getting an offer of embryos and tx was probably only about 4 or 5 weeks.  Others at Reprofit have been given longer wait times, some were 3/4 months but they seem to be getting more popular now so it may even be longer, however, quite a few others girls on the reprofit thread also didn't have long to wait.  It seems that it might be dependent on how strict you are on certain characteristics etc.  I didn't have many criteria i was requesting so was relatively easy to match.  Other Cz clinics don't have long waiting times apparently like gycentrum ostrava, gennet and zlin.  Cost was 1000euros and i needed one trip for this tx. Had 1 scan over here to check my lining.  Arrived last weds had tx on Thursday at 12 and flew home thurs eve.

I had been to reprofit before and despite them not knowing who i was or what i was doing there the first time which could have freaked me out somewhat i still rate them.  This time they were very professional, polite, nice and efficient and i was pleased with everything.  Lots of others rate them too but i think you get a certain 'feel' for a clinic so worth looking around on all the boards.  Lots of women have recently been or are soon going on the 'anyone going to reprofit oct/nov/dec thread'.  Where are you considering at the moment?

GGx

GGx

·
Registered
9 Posts
HI GG.

Thanks for the info.  I would ideally prefer a non-anonymous donor, which would mean going for a UK clinic, but they seem to have long waiting lists of over a year.  If we went for egg and sperm donation, we would be pushing ourselves financially, especially if we needed more than one attempt. Also it seems that you can end up back to square one if the donor doesn't produce enough eggs.  So basically looking into the options available.  Maybe will also look into finding a donor privately as then, I guess I would get all of their eggs.  A lot to think about!

Thanks,

Chubby

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.