Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ladies,

Just looking for some advice.  My DD is 18 months and doesn't have much leg room left in her grobags.  I am wondering whether it's be best to buy the next size up or start her on cot bedding.  I have no intentions of moving her out of her cot bed for a while as she loves it and with a new baby on the way I want to keep her cosy and secure in there.  She is a bit of a night wriggler, but I guess she'll have to get used to cot bedding at some point.  When did you move yrs out of grobags and how did you get them to stay under the duvet? I guess she doesn't need a pillow yet??
Thanks so much,

Kx

·
Premium Member
2,847 Posts
Hi Kate101

I think I also stopped once he grew out of the 18mth ones.

And as for a pillow I have only given O a pillow in the last couple of months, he is 2 and 1/2 now  ::)  :)

x

·
Registered
298 Posts

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
I stopped around 18m
He was fine with a quilt. I kept going in and tucking him in as he didn't know how to as he never had to before. He was also a wriggle lo and still is almost 3. But he sharp learned him self how to pull the covers on if cold during the night.

Kelli

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
My DS hated grobags and would never stay in them, nor under a blanket - I just made sure he was dressed warmly enough and he was absolutely fine.

DD was great in her grobags and I bought her the next size up (she's small for her age and so she was about 2 years old when she grew out of the 18m ones.  She promptly decided she too was going to refuse to get into one  :mad:    So they'll be going on ebay  ;D    I would just lay a blanket over her and go in a couple of times to re-lay it.   
Now she's in a big girl's bed, she refuses either a blanket or a duvet, and sleeps on her bed like it's a cot (face down, bum in air) and so her pillow is superfluous and yet again I'm having to dress a child to keep them warm at night without a cover. 
We sneak in and cover her up but it's off again by morning.

Claire x

·
Registered
4,398 Posts
C will be 2 soon, and we still use grobags. She doesn't sleep well without them as she is a wriggly sleeper , however she can't wait to get out of them in the mornings and the first thing she says to me is "open" and starts tugging at it  ::) I have couple of them for her aged 18-24 months which I got from TKMaxx and they still have plenty of room in them ; they do ones that go up to 36 months too .
She has a pillow in her cot that she's had for the past 3-4 months and loves it, she would not sleep without it now. I must say that she has a matching duvet to go with her pillow that sits at the bottom of her cotbed, and every now and again she will ask for it to be put over her , but it never stays on her of course  ::)

·
Premium Member
2,105 Posts
My DD is 3 and still in a grobag, and she has mastered the art of climbing out of her cot in it and shuffling into our room in the mornings.  Whenever we have tried using sheets, blankets or duvets she has always come out of them.  As her room is warm during the evening, I don't put her into it at bedtime at home, but do it when I go to bed, while she is asleep.  I don't think she likes it much, as it restricts her legs, but otherwise she wakes up in the early morning because she is cold.  We are about to move her into a bed but I am still undecided as to whether to switch to a duvet now or leave it a bit longer.

EG x

1 - 7 of 7 Posts