Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I've decided to put Jacob in a grobag as he won't keep his blankets on him, but am confused which to buy. Up until now I've seen mostly 2.5 tog but then in Sainsbury's the other day they were all 4 tog.

Is 4 tog too much? 2.5 tog doesn't sound much as I've just taken our 4.5 tog quilt off the bed cos its too thin, but thats what the majority of them are.

Also, those of you who have used them, how many have you bought? Obviously one isn't enough, but do they generally have a clean one every night?

Help!!!

cHuX

·
Premium Member
4,658 Posts
hi Chux,

I believe that 2.5 is the maximum that FSID's recommends for babies under 1.  Sorry don't know about if they need a clean one every night, I wouldn't think so, maybe it is as often as you change the bed covers

Hope someone else can help you

Love Shelley x

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Hi Chux,

I'd say 4 tog is too thick personally.

I used the actual 'Gro-bags' from bump to three and their thickest is 2.5 tog. I pretty much used the 2.5 tog most of the year, with the exception of really hot weeks in the summer, where if I put Iestyn in a sleeping bag at all, it was a 1.0 tog.

I generally had 2 in each age range - so if one was in the wash or he puked on one, then I always had a spare. Generally change them in line with how often you'd usually change bed clothes, unless their are little 'accidents'.

Here's the link http://www.bumpto3.com/category.aspx?DISPLAYCAT=sleep&CAT=Products&CATGRY=baby_sleeping_bags

Also here's a copy of some text in an email I received from them today, giving you a code to quote to get 20% if you order two!

Don't miss out on this exclusive email offer to SAVE 20% when you buy any 2 grobag® baby sleeping bags together at bumpto3.com - simply quote BSB20 when asked for your promotion code. Hurry - offer valid until 13.10.05.

Love,

Sue xxx

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Hi Chux

Our house is always quite warm at night during the winter months as I leave the heating on (very low) all the time.  So, I only bought 1.0 tog bags for Ben and then just adjusted his clothing to suit the temperature of the nursery.  That worked well for us :)  If your house is cold at night time in the winter, then a 2.5 tog bag with suitable clothing worn underneath (the thermometers that come with the bags tell you what to put on baby as a guide) should do you :)  I bought 2 bags, one for use and one for wash, and change them as I do the rest of the beds.

Love

Jayne x

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Sue! I've bought one off the highstreet for now just to see how we get on but will use that site if he's ok with it as there are much nicer ones there.

Jayne - We're moving soon so I don't know how efficient the heating system is in our new house. My only concern is Jacob does like to kick and put his legs up so I hope he doesn't get frustrated when he can't do it any longer.

Chux xx

·
Premium Member
3,897 Posts
Hi Chux,
I use them too, and they are great - 2.5 tog and a sleepsuit for now. Anna kicks her legs around all the time and has got on fine with them - she can still move about quite a bit in it!
Hope they keep Jacob asleep!
Jane
xx

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
wish I could send you mine!! bought a load of them and Charlotte will not sleep in them!!

must say though if she had the idea is fantastic,

good luck and hoping you have a full nights sleep, ( cant personally remember what one is) !!  ;D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.