Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondered what people thought of these, are they really necessary if Lo's are getting a good and varied diet and taking cows milk no problem.  My very kind mum buys it for them is she wasting her money.

Any thoughts

Mo

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
I think they are a total waste of money. If they are having a balanced diet then full fat cows milk is fine. xx

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
Completely with Slinkyfish..........a waste of money!! Apparently they're very sweet too though I've never tried them so couldn't say. ;D

Mine stayed on stage 1 milk until they went to cows at a year old.

Chux xx

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I kind of thought as much just nice to have a second opinion, I'm sure she will enjoy buying them something else instead, weirdly but great Brussel sprouts are the favourite of the week !!!!!

·
Premium Member
11,096 Posts
Alfie has a bit of a mixture for a few reasons really.

I like having one of the bottles of them in my changing bag.

He still often has a bottle at night, and its easier to have some powder in my room than come downstairs to the fridge.

I like the idea of the extra vitamins.

LL x

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks LL,

THink we may stick with having it occasionally as like you say having a bottle of it in the bag is handy and DD occasionally has days where shes just not interested in food and you can't help worry shes not getting enough of those vitamins and minerals

;D ;D

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I'm with Lottie. M sometimes wouldn't eat much and I liked the idea of making sure she got the vitamins and minerals required, especially as she was over the 90th centile for height and barely 50th for weight so very long and lean and I worried about her getting enough especially for her bone development. I'd give her an amount per day and any other milk she drank would be cow's milk, looked at it as a vitamin supplement really.
X

1 - 7 of 7 Posts