• no

Votes: 31 37.8%
1 - 20 of 1165 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I know everyone is different but I would like some advise please.
I had egg donation (and sperm) at IM on 1st May.  The embryos were good quality, well one was a grade 10 and the other a grade 6.  I had acupuncture before and after transfer in Barcelona, and ever since have done all the correct things.
I have no symptoms whatsoever except slightly bigger and sore boobs.  Implantation is just about ending now and I have not felt a thing.
I feel fit as a flea, but just dont feel pregnant. 
Cant help this negative feeling.  Its the 4th ivf for us.  The last 3 failed so we decided to use donor eggs as I am 41.
I hate this! :

·
Registered
738 Posts
Hi Fairyhill :)

So sorry to hear you are feeling so worried. The 2ww is such a hard time isn't it!!

I think it's far too early to have any symptoms - it's not unusual to have no symptoms at all during the 2ww. That's why it's so tough - there is no way of knowing you just have to wait. I'm sorry you've had failed ivf attempts in the past but really this is quite different because you are using donors. Age doesn't matter now you have a younger donor - isn't it great!

Have you read Rosie's post? I'll paste the link here for you. I've given Rosie the links to the IM cycle buddies and Abroadies threads - have you seen them?

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=139795.0 Rosie

Come and join the girls over on this one if you fancy some company during the 2ww and beyond

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=136420.0 IM Cycle Buddies

Good luck Fairyhill ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

I know it's hard but please try not to worry. You have every chance of being successful this time. Keep posting - don't be on your own - we all know what it's like. ^hugme^

Love Jaydi xxx

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jaydie,
I will go and have a look.
By the way, how do I get all the info you and everyone else has at the bottom of your postings.  I have filled in my profile but does it automatically come up underneath my posts.  It doesnt look like.
Anyway good luck to you.
I am not enjoying this at all!
xxxxx

·
Registered
738 Posts
Hiya

It's a horrible time I know - just take one day at a time it's the only way or you'll go insane.

If you want your signature bit about you to stay on the bottom of your posts then you need to go to your 'forum profile information' and paste it into the box next to 'Signature' - and don't forget to scroll down and click on 'change profile' or it won't work.

Love Jaydi xxx

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi Fairyhill,

I'm Rosie, new on here too.

I had my  3 day DE tranfer done on 28th April at IM so I'm 10dpt now. Like you I have absolutely no symptoms whatsoever.....nothing....zilch.  This 2ww is the worst, isn't it? This is our first attempt at  DE so I have nothing to compare to. But well, I was told a couple of days ago (when I was going out of my tree) that 8 days is far too soon  to tell if you're pg or not. Hang in there!!! Lots of sticky vibes coming your way!! I'm so sorry for all you've been through but it is true that now with donor eggs we have a far greater chance of having a baby than ever before.

Check out the links that Jaydi said. I haven't actually posted there yet but I've read some of the posts and all the ladies seem really lovely.

Good luck. Let us know how you get on.
Hugs
Rosie

·
Registered
122 Posts
[by Mountainlions DH]
Hi Fairyhill,
Just thought I'd share Mountainlions experiences;
1st succesful pregnancy from DE gave lots of symptoms during 2WW, and Mountainlion confident she was pregnant.
2nd sucessful pregnancy from DE [FET] gave no symptoms at all, Mountainlion very certain she wasn't pregnant, and indeed home test done 1 day early showed negative. Day 14 gave quite a heavy bleed in morning apparently confirming negative, but home test and blood test done following day showed positive.

Interestingly both HCG blood tests were fairly low by most peoples standards [100 first pregnancy, and 201 second one] so if you are lucky enough to get a BFP, don't worry too much about the numbers.

Best of luck, and don't forget to read and hopefully join the IM thread.
The Mountainlion family.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi,
thanks for sharing that. It gives me a bit of hope to know it's still possible to have no symptoms, have a neg hpt and still be pg. Me, still nothing. Tomorrrow 11 days post 3 day DE transfer and cossing all crossibles for a BFP. My test is next tuesday. I have to take in fmu to IM.By than it'll be 18 days post donor EC. Am I the only one who doesn't get to have a blood test? Is it normal that they said to take in a urine sample? Seems a bit weird to me. 
Hugs
RosieXX

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi all,
Thank you very much for help and thoughts.
Rosie, its quite incredible that you had DE 3 days before me.  It was IM wasn't it.  Mine was only 2 day embryos.  One a grade 10 and 0one a grade 6.  I have been worried, as you do, why was it not a three day, when they are a bit stronger?  anyway...
I have been asked for a blood test.  exactly 2 weeks post transfer which is Thursday.  I may do one earlier. Not sure whether to do home one, or urine test at my local surgery.
I live in Wales.
Good luck, best wishes etc etc to both of us and everyone else
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  Elaine

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi Elaine,
Read your post and im like you not feeling any symptoms and Im going from up to down.I read for example that you should not eat pine apple and I ate small piece  next day after ET.I guess its hard not to think of all the different things but at least we have the support of all the lovely people here who have been through this. :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hello,
Im new here so Just wanted to give my details too.Im on the wait too

Me 47 and Dh 33
Pregnancy sept 2005 mc
clomid treatment 2006 no good
Ivf July 2007 and mc
Ed IM May 2008

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Judelarry,
I ate pineapple fresh and juiced constantly before and after ET.  Just stopped now as I have run out!
I am due to test officially Thursday.  But I will test Mon or Tues, I know i should not but have to.  I am completelt negative, I know I must not be but can't help it. 
When do you test?  What did you think of IM?
Bye xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi Fairy Hill,
Testing the week after next.They seem very professional in IM and there were lots of couples in and out.It was such a quick proceedure and then I saw Dr O and he said I could go shopping and I did afterwards and I mean really shop! now thinking did i do wrong walking up and down ramblas instead of lying in bed but what will be will be.Im looking for signs like looking for a miracle!I seem to be tierd alot and last night I was freezing cold in bed but apart from that nothing.So what we now have to do is make sure we have a little treat each day.Mine was to get the hair done, Got 2 nice videos for tonight.BTW we did have a laugh at firat appointment.da doctor asked DH how much he weighed and he said 15 Kilos...I said dont be stupid thats the weight of a bag of spuds.We were all crying laughing for about 10 mins....!!So off to mass tomorrow am to ^pray^and take one day at a time and mind yourself,sending ^hugme^
Judelarry

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi Elaine,

Only just seen your post as we've been away for a couple of days. How are you getting on?

Like an idiot I've tested every day since last tuesday and each day I've got the biggest negative. Now I'm 13 days post 3 day transfer, so that's like 16 dpo so I think I have to accept it's not worked. I don't know what grade our embies were as nobody told us. When I go in to IM on tuesday next week I'm going to ask. I also want to ask them when we can move on to our FET. We only have 2 frosties but I have no idea what grade they are. I realise from everyone's posts that you all have tons of info about your lining, quality of embies , progesterone levels etc and I was told nothing at all. Isn't that a bit weird? Or is it that if you don't ask, they don't tell you?Does anyone know if we can go ahead this next month after bleed? And is a FET with DE the same as any other FET? I don't know if they'll be able to tell us why it hasn't worked but maybe I should ask about any tests to have done before we start with the FET. I'd be grateful if anyone could give us advice.

Anyway Elaine,I hope you have better luck. Fingers crossed for you and thinking about you.
Hugs
Rosie

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Rosie,

Oh what a blow. 

I will try and answer as many questions as I can to help.

First I found IM not as helpful as they could be.  Very poor English, if any, so the poor receptionist had to translate all my questions during the actual transfer.  I had lots, obviously.

I was told hardly any info.  I had to ask.  Then after i found out that my donor is much shorter than me and quite a bit bigger.  Very very reluctant to tell me much more.
Oh, sorry the grade they did.  You should def. have been told that.  Also was it a day 2, 3 or 4.  Mine was a day 2 and now i think where they too little and weak to go into my uterus.  I usually do a day 3 here.  just re read your post - you were 3 day.  I wonder why you were 3 day and i was 2 and we were so close together.

Every clinic varies on how long to wait b4 trying again.  some say 1 bleed, some say 2 and some say 3 or more to get drugs out system.  I wonder about IM.

I test officially on Thursday which is 14 days post transfer.  I may do a test early.  Goodness knows...

I feel for you

Elaine xxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hello again Elaine,

Like you the only thing I was told about my donor was her age, 25 and that she was taller than me. There were 2 donors to choose between, the  one we chose and another girl who was a couple of years older or younger ( just told there were 2 years difference between them but not whether older or younger) and the she was even taller. Anyway, as I'm quite short we went for the shorter girl.

I don't know why you had a 2 day transfer and not a 3. I feel quite in the dark about all this. There's an IM in Barcelon and another in Sabadell ( that's a town about 15 km outside Barcelona and is where I live), which is where I went for the initial appointment and tests etc. I don't have a problem with the language as, although I'm English, I've lived here for 24 years. The doctor who we saw on each occasion in Sabadell is lovely but dh hd to go to Barcelona after EC for ICSI and also I had to go there on the day of the transfer. I was told by my doctor in Sabadell that the day after fertilisation someone from the Barcelona clinic would phone me in the morning to tell me how many eggs they had got, how many had fertilised and how they were doing. Well, I waited paitiently until around 3pm and no one had phoned so dh said to phone them. I did but I could only get through to someone on reception who knew nothing. (this was a Saturday) She said she'd try to get in touch with the doctors who had done the proceedure and tell someone to phone me. Well, she phoned back 10 mins later to say she couldn't get hold of anyone but to wait and see if she could get someone later. I told her I needed to know if everything had gone ok cos at 4pm I had to start the progesterone. Her answer was that if something had gone wrong someone would have phoned me so to start the progesterone anyway. Well, that didn't really put my mind at ease but it's all I got. Later at about 7pm she phoned again to say everthing was ok, she "thought" repeat "thought" that there were 9 eggs with 8 fertilised but couldn't remember exactly. However, she promised that a doctor would definitely phone the following morning to confirm. Well, you guessed it, no one phoned.  We ended up going for transfer on the Monday to find out that we only had 4 embryos, 2 to transfer and 2 to freeze. What happened to the 8? I still don't know. Maybe there were never 8 to start with or maybe they didn't make it to day 3. I suppose I'll find out tomorrow as I mean to ask.

Later that day when we got home I phoned my usual doctor at IM Sabadell to tell him about the transfer and I asked about the quality of the embryos...he couldn't tell me but said he'd find out and get back to me...that was 2 weeks ago and I'm still waiting.

Sorry to be going on somewhat but things like this make me a bit annoyed. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure they're very competent but I don't think it's very professional to say you'll phone back with such important information and then not. I mean in my case they're just phoning down the road and they don't need anyone to speak to me in English or anything like that. I think it's very slack indeed.

Anyway, sorry to put you through all that.

Thanks for telling me about how long to wait before FET. Again, we'll see tomorrow what the doctor says.

Now I'm off to buy a pot to pee in for tomorrow's test....almost forgot I  need a pot...thank goodness dh just reminded me. Then I'd like a glass of wine and a brownie :p :p :p :p

Thinking about you
^hugme^
Rosie XXX

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Rosie,
I would be absolutely fuming.  I take it that you are paying for the privilege of them being totally slack and untrustworthy.
I think that you will have to ask lots of questions tomorrow.
Its my first donor egg so i wonder if it is indeed my eggs or my body.  None of them have lived, whether its my or donor egg.
All a bloody mystery.  One which i do not want to be part of.
Anyway, good luck tomorrow, let me know.
I am doing a test tomorrow.  The first one.  Embryo 14 days old.  Et 12 days ago.
Be in touch
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Elaine

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi Elaine,

Yes, we are paying...and as you know it's not cheap at all. It's not like we can keep trying indefinitely.

Good luck with your test tomorrow. I really hope you get a  ^BFP^ ^BFP^ ^BFP^

I'll let you know how I get on, too.

Sweet dreams
Rosie

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sweet dreams to you too.
Off to bed with my test ready to do in the morning.
Getting some funny twinges today, but am sure its constipation!  These damn drugs!!
Even though I am pretty convinced it will be negative, you cant help feel very nervous about doing it.
anyway we will see...
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Morning,
Well strike me down.  I had a positive test at 5am.  Could not believe my eyes.  Will do a blood test on Thursday.
Hell of a long way to go, though.
Very best of luck with them today.
Let me know
Elaine xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
339 Posts
Wow Elaine, I'm so happy for you. Congratulations. ^congrats^ ^pompom^I hope form now on you have a wonderful eventless pregnancy. Now the biggy is seeing whether both of them stuck. I'd love to have twins...how about you? A huge congrats again!!!!!!

On to my day. I had my appointment at IM and found out the info I didn't have. Apparently we were transferred 1 grade 8 and 1 grade 6. The two frosties we have left are both grade 6 although one is better than the other. Today I gave in the pee and of course it came out neg but to make sure he sent me to have a blood analysis, which was also neg. Well today this afternoon I have stopped the meds and now wait for af to appear. We can start out FET cycle straight away.

I asked why it hadn't worked and he said just sometimes it doesn't and they don't usually recommend any tests , such as checking the endometrium for inflamation which could cause problems with implantation etc until 2 failed cycles. He said everything was ok just sometimes they don't stick. There's nothing you can do or not do to help it or prevent it. Oh, he also apologised for their not getting back to me when they should have.

So, we're on to our next try. Glad to have another go , especially so soon , but feeling realistic that with FETs a thousand things can go wrong and then if they go right there's less chance of success than with fresh. But, well, I'll try to be optimistic as I know there have been plenty of ladies who got a BFN on a fresh cycle only to get a BFP on a FET. Time will tell.

Let me know how you get on on Thursday. ((((((hugs)))))) and well done!!!

Off in the bath now.....looking forward to a bath not a shower as I haven't had a bath for a month as was worried about overheating the embies.

RosieXXXX

1 - 20 of 1165 Posts