Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not really sure where to post on this one but here is my story!

We have had ICSI recently at SEFC in Kent, and were luckily successful.  In the meantime, i have had an appointment come through from the NHS (as we were having investigations on the NHS before deciding to go private), and im just not sure what to say in the NHS Appointment....

i havent had my first scan yet, but still want to go to NHS appt in case they put us on a waiting list for ICSI (could probably be 2 years anyway!), so would like to do that, BUT not sure if to tell the NHS about private treatment? 

I figure if all is well with me the hospital will deliver my baby anyway so will know, but not sure if i should say in this appointment, or keep quiet and see what they have to say!?!?!?

Anyone have any ideas or views on what I can say??

Cheers Jo   :-\

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
jo im not too sure but you may not be entitled to your NHS treatment if you have a viable pregnancy, this is anything over 12 weeks, for all you dont want to say anything about your private TX you have to be honest, its not like you can hide the fact as your TX has worked + you are indeed PG

as for your 1st scan then you will have to see GP to find out weather they will refer you for a early scan at 6 weeks or have you had this already through private clinic ? then after that the scans you will get from NHS are 12 wks + then one a little later on

i would ring NHS clinic + let them know your circumstances + that you have just recently had a succesful ICSI TX + would it still be ok to attend your appointment, i personally dont see any point of you attending if you dont have to + another couple could benefit from that appointment time who have not yet begun their investigations + TX ;) 

i hope you have a happy healthy PG hun  ^reiki^

xxx

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
I agree with cleg - one of the criteria that the NHS had for my funding was neither myself or my partner had ever had a baby before. Like cleg said, tell them what's happened as another couple could be fitted in for an appointment in your place.

Congratulations on your pregnancy :)

Elle xx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts