Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Today we had our first appointment at the LRMU, it was very good and very informative. I have to go for HSG xray, oh has to have another SA sample done even though it was fine last time and we both have to go and have a chlamedia test done.

The doctor has also percribed me Provera to help induce a period, can this kick start your cycle?

On our way out we made our follow up appointment, apparrently the nect available appointment is at the begining of July, this seams miles away. Is this normal or will the appointment be brought forward once all our tests results are back.

Many thanks

xx

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi,
Glad your appointment went well. July does seem like a long time away - perhaps think about booking your review appt privately, I think it would cost between £180-£120 at Nuffield or Spire - you could speak to your consultants secretary to find out more.
Good luck x

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Blondie - you could always ring and try and get a cancellation as sometimes they have these

Good luck  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
875 Posts
That seems like a very long time away. We had our 1st appt. last Aug and our follow up in Oct. Definitely see if you can get a cancellation.

Rachfins x

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi All

Thanks for all your replies.
I did get a cancellation appointment a few weeks ago and now I am on clomid 50mg, currently on CD 7 and have got a scan booked for Tuesday 12 April, to see if anything is happening. Fingers crossed.

Take care

xxxx

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Blondie - great news that you have got started  :)  good luck with the clomid  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^  I really hope you get lucky first time  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^  good luck for your scan  ^reiki^  but try not to focus too much on results of one scan as quite often things can change drastically from one scan to the next.  In fact I think most time I went for the first scan there wasn't much to see or there were lots of tiny follicles and it was only later that 1 or 2 began to grow bigger. 

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi there

yes i know exactly what you mean - the centre is so understaffed. There seems to be endless appointments and consultations. i had IVF which was cancelled this month and i now have to wait 7 weeks for an appointment that simply requires us to agree to another round which we aleady know we want to. I do understand that some of the appointments are forced upon patients via ****.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello. I have my follow up appointment in June and I have been told there arn't any cancellations!! Please share your success!! How did you get a cancellation? I think the ladies at RMU think I'm stalking them!!

(June will have been a 4 month wait from Lap and Dye to start treatment)

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
I think you just have to keep ringing and see if you get lucky.  If you have the money you can always book a private appointment as another option.  I paid £90 for a follow up appointment at the Nuffield

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Good luck for your appointment - I really hope it goes well  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

1 - 12 of 12 Posts