Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I havn't posted on here for a very long time I just need a bit of reasurrance really.  I had my lap 2 weeks ago to remove a large cyst from my left ovary the consultant said it was a 2 hour op & my pelvis was adhered together with adhesions stuck to my bowel.

My wounds seem to be healing nicely but its the pains I'm still getting thats worriying me I have the same pains every morning when i wake up, Its a sharp stabbing pain on my lower left side & i have the urgency to get to the toilet when this happens It usually subsides afterwards.

Could it be that my insides havn't healed properly yet?

Any advice would really be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Hi Lucylou. It's probably your insides still healing, particularly if they had to cut into muscle (and of course they have to do that to get there in the first place). And if there were adhesions next to anything that has to do with going to the bathroom (bowel or bladder).

I had a LAP and it took way more than 2 weeks to recover totally (but I eventually did). It sounds like you had quite an extensive debulking & so probably it'll take a while for everything to knit back together nicely.

I am also familiar with this sharp AM pain, which I had after my LAP and also have had while doing IVF stims. It was always in the morning when I had a swollen bladder. It eventually has goes away, & also when it happens I try to drink LOTS of water. Makes you have to get up in the night to pee more, but at least I knew I was flushing everything out!

Hope you feel better soon.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.