Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could anyone help me I am due to have my roots done tomorrow and I am on the 2ww.  Is it safe or should I wait another two weeks for my result first?

·
Registered
12 Posts
NN not a nurse, but i asked my GP this and he said not to do anything you thought might cause a problem. I had read on a website to avoid hair colours in early pregnancy.

I waited. hope this helps

Mxx

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Anyone know whether it's the same for natural hair colourants?  I use hennah, which is completely natural and contains no chemicals, but not sure whether I should, or to hang on until 12 weeks.

aaaaaaaaaarrrggghhhhh mousy brown!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Me - to i was going to have mine done tomorrow - oh my god - never give that a thought -i am mousey brown and have very blonde colour on my hair - iam going to look like a woman of the night if i cant colour it.

My friend did hers every 3 weeks whilst she was pregnant - and she has a bouncing little boy now.

MMMmmmm - ??????????????

Janey
X

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
I'd heard too that you should avoid during pregnancy.  I've just started stimming again and my roots are already well over an inch - really want to do a home kit before 2ww even starts, but am now panicking about whether it affects my follies and eggies - ?  paranoid?  please tell me to stop being so silly and get on with it!!!  :(

Claire xx

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
HI!
I did lots of looking into this sometime back, the details are a little hazy now but I'm sure at least one of the research papers found less (yes, less) incidence of miscarriage and deformities in the 'hair dye' group than in the control group!! In general I think there was very little in it - particularly if you have foils as the dye never reaches the scalp and is therefore not absorbed. But the evidence is always going to be hard to get, just think about it, you have to find hundreds of women who did exactly the same things during the first 12 weeks except that half dyed their hair and half of them didn't. And that's if they can even remember when they did it, how they did it and which dye they used - too many variables to get anything like reliable information!!
But if you feel even slightly concerned then don't do it, it would be terrible to be beating yourself up for it in years to come (even if it wasn't at all to blame).  Oh and Henna - usually full of heavy metals so it's just as bad as anything else, sorry.
Hope this helps,
LiziBee

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi

Just to confirm what you have all said. I too was told to wait until 12 weeks.  Having my roots done on Saturday was such a relief.. hair was in a real state!

Elly

·
Registered
133 Posts
same trauma for me. go grey and have child brought into one parent family when hub leaves me cos i look like a witch or dye the roots.

decided after bit of research to op for body shops Henna range, very boring but will look better than it is now!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts