Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I have short cropped hair and am generally happy with it, but sometimes I feel that it doesn't suit certain outfits, I know it sounds strange!

So we are going to a wedding in may and I really fancy some clip in extensions just for a change, but, how easy are they to use? Do they work with really short hair or do you need enough hair to cover clips? Where to buy from and how many and how much?  Obviously don't want to buy if they just won't work with my short hair.

Any advice would be appreciated

Thank you

Xx

·
Premium Member
7,991 Posts
Hiya
There may be many types - but the only clip in ones I have seen are more to 'bump up' the thickness of your own hair & add a bit of length to what you already have, so on short hair i think they might look a bit like a mullet  ::) ::) . They tend to clip under a section of your current hair, so it would be pretty obvious that you are short on top....

I have short 'hedgehog' hair and havent found any solution to this problem (other than a wig  ;D )
Rx

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ha ha a mullet wasn't quite the look I was thinking of ha ha maybe a wig would be the way to go??

Thanks for your reply

Xx

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
My niece uses clip on extensions on her shoulder length hair. Looking at them, I can't see how they'd work on anything much shorter than that because you need about an inch of hair to clip them to, then enough to cover them on top. Depending on how short your hair is, maybe you could have a sort of bun or ponytail type hairpiece added instead (i.e. mock your hair being tied back and have the piece on the back). Might work better than extensions.

Failing that, a fascinator can look really classy in cropped hair. :)

C~x

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Caz I will have to try a few things and see how they look

I guess I should speak to my hairdresser and see what she suggests too

Xx

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Clip-ins are fab, ive been using them for about 18 months and i love them but you really need a good 6-8 inches of hair for it to be blended with your own hair when wearing them so they look natural, have  a look on youtube, theres loads of tutorials on there, i have Headkandy 20-22inch extensions, the quality is great.  I had actual hair extensions put in for Xmas but i ended up having them removed as they got tangled really quickly and it really annoyed me, i used to have really long hair so im used to them, there's loads of gorgeous styles you can do with them too.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks diamond diva, if only I had thought about things before I could have grown my hair a bit more

Xx

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
S4rah, it depends how long you want you extensions to be, if you are looking for something mid length, you'll probably be ok as long as you have them cut into your own hair, if you want waist length again you'll prob be fine as long as you have lots of layers. 

1 - 8 of 8 Posts