Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Dh works away and is home at weekends, he noticed that my LO has lost a lot of hair over the past 10 days or so, and he is right, I had thought it was just my imagination but it must have looked more dramatic to him! Any ideas if this is normal or should I be worried?

She was a week overdue and so has had very flaky skin which is now mostly gone, and has full on baby acne now - poor thing..I'm wondering if they are related or if she is destined to be a baldy all her life!

Seriously though, he is quite worried and getting me upset now...any ideas?

Rsmum X

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
It's completely normal so please don't worry. My ds was born with loads of hair and lost pretty much all of it! Also, when it regrows (which can take a while) they often have a bald patch at the back of their head where they rub it when they are asleep, and it can change colour - both of mine were dark brown when born but are quite light now.

Chux xx

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hiya

I really wouldn't worry, my ds was born with hair then lost it all a couple of weeks after he was born.  He also had loads of milk spots and I remember thinking that I had given birth to this beautiful baby who within weeks lost all his hair, got loads of spots and looked like a child only a mother could love ;D ;D ;D ;D - it still shocks me how bad he looked when I look at the photos ;D ;D - Definitely the photo the show the first girlfriend!!!

RLH

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah thanks - yes, I thought the same when R came out in these terrible zits! My DH is SUCH a worrier and was getting really cross with me as I was just saying, " oh I'll mention it to the HV " - if it wasn't a weekend he'd've had me down the GP's surgery!

thanks so mcuh for your replies - you have put my mind at rest.

Deb X

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
I wouldnt worry hun, babies tend to lose thier hair then it grows back. When L was born he had a nice tuft on top of his head and now its gompletely gone, just a few long odd hairs, the rest is short and spikey  ;D

You might find she will get a bald patch on the back where she lies

Nikki xx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts