Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'm new here and haven't posted before, I'm not sure where the best place for this post would be, so please let me know if I have got it in the wrong place. DH and I have been ttc for a  while now have had interuterine adhesions removed, and following this a chemical pregnancy. We are probably moving onto ivf at the hammersmith in June and I'm nervous but excited.

One thing that is making me a little anxious is wondering what the Hammersmiths policy on set is. I would really like 2 embryos put back, assuming of course that we are lucky enough to get that far. I'm 36 years old 4 months off 37, so nearer to 37 than 36 lol. As this will be my first IVF attempt will they insist on having only 1 put back. Following the chemical pregnancy which are consultant said would have been the result of duff eggs, I'm worried about my egg quality and so would really like 2 put back to increase the chances that at least on the the embryos will create a viable pregnancy.

Does the Hammersmith have strict criteria, we are self funding and cant afford to do repeated cycles, or do they have some discretion depending on the patients views? TIA

·
Registered
6,501 Posts
Hi Reddeb
I don't know about Hammersmiths policy on SET- but here's a link to the Hammersmith thread: http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=256399.0
hopefully you'll find some useful information in there if no-one is able to help here.

Hope this helps
Best wishes and best of luck for your treatment
Sheila

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Reddeb

I am 37 in June 2011 and I have just completed my 2nd (1st was cancelled) at the age of 36 & 10months. I had 3 good quality embies and under no circumstances would my consultant (although self funding) transfer more than 1 embie as the risk of multiple births would be high. This is due to the NHS and alot of hospitals clamping down and two many embies are being transferred at one time and she told me that SET has a better success rate (not that I believe that to be honest) She just said that it only takes 1.

She did say that if my embies were poor quality then she may of considered it but with the grading she gave mine I've 1 in and 2 in the freezer.

I'm sorry I can't give you anymore guidance all I would say is that if you feel so strong about this get an agreement made up prior to starting as I didn't and I'm left with my only outcome.

X

1 - 3 of 3 Posts