Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everybody

I was wondering if anybody who is or has been treated by ARGC has been told to proceed with donor eggs?

I sort of expecting to be told during my last follow up, but have been encouraged to continue with my own eggs. I am delighted about that, but after 5 failed IUIs, and 4 failed IVFs and 1 BPF with IVF two years ago and m/c at 8 weeks.. - I am just wondering what to do.

I would love to hear from those who have been referred onto donor eggs by ARGC.
Many thanks
Flower xx

·
Registered
830 Posts
Hi Flower

I have been recommended to move on to donor eggs but haven't actually started the whole process yet currently doing research and taking our time to get over our recent treatments, I'd be  interested to hear what others have to say as well. I have looked on the main board donor site but it is a minefield and I feel so attached to argc its hard to move on.

Good luck with your journey
Kate

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Stills

Thanks for your reply. It is a minefield of options out there and not an easy transition to make..

Would anybody else be in this situation?

Thanks to all

Flower xx

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hi Ladies,
I was treated at the ARGC and was advised to move to DE and am currently mid way through treatment at Serum in Athens. It was a hard choice to make, but I have had 3 IVF attempts and never even got to ET, in fact I only got eggs at my first go, the last 2 goes I had empty follicles.
ARGC said if I had a lot of money I could have another go, but realistically, even if I got eggs and they fertilized (1st hurdle), then they have to stick (2nd hurdle), but more importantly the chance of miscarriage or a defect is higher over 40 (3rd hurdle). They were happy to continue to treat me but Mr. T himself advised the DE route and to be honest I have wasted many years and tears on IVF and felt I wanted to give something a shot that may have a better success rate for me. It is certainly not for everyone though.
I know another lady who was at the ARGC "needjustone" went down the DE route and is now pregnant with twins and 2 others who I know from my time there are also now going down this route, one also a Serum. The ARGC has said they will do any pre and post monitoring / immunes for me, but upto now haven't needed to call on them. If I am lucky enough to get a positive first outcome, I will do then.
Feel free to ask me any questions....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts