Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im trying to give up smoking as Im trying to concieve, the smoke stop nurse said about trying Champix tablets and said maybe its best to leave the baby making until Im off them.  Anyone on them or ave any advice?

·
Premium Member
7,184 Posts
Hi Tillie, sorry I can't be of help as I have never heard of them but I am sure someone will be along soon who can give you some advice  :)  Welcome and best of luck in giving up  ^reiki^  ^reiki^

Fluffs xxx

PS I gave up with lots of lollipops!!  Just had a lollipop and sucked really hard on it every time I wanted to smoke!  :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks....I did that the time before last but ended up having a lolly the same time as a ciggy  ^idiot^

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi Tillie,

I gave up with champix about a yr ago but only lasted a week ???
They made me feel really sick, i dont think you should use them while ttc,
i had ivf to have my daughter but doc still suggested i take the pill while on
champix because they didnt no if there were side affects to a pregnancy.

Ive now stopped for 6 weeks using patches though  ;)

jo
xxxx

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Jo,

Are you still ttc while on the patches, i was wondering if you can do both at the same time??

if you are then let me know as i may just get some.

and well done for how long you have been quit. i have been told to loose weight and quit smoking god only knows how i am going to do both!!!!!!!

thanks

shell
xx

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi Shell,

Im still using the patches for another 2 weeks and i'll start my ivf drugs in 3 weeks. ;D
I think it says to seek medical advice if pregnant but i dont think it mentions ttc and its go to be better than smoking.
Iv used niquitin cq patches and although its still so hard im now on 8 and half weeks and each week gets easier. Go for it hun, theres a few of us giving up and chatting on "samias life without cig" have a read, its certainly kept me from going  ^idiot^

Really hope you do it, pm me anytime if you want any help or advice. ;)

Hopefully speak to you soon. Good luck  ^hugme^

Love Jo

xxxx

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jo.....Your right, Champix makes me feel so sick, guess I have an insite to morning sickness now ;D  Did your sickness go after being on them a while?  I am finding it realling hard as 24/7 I ave cigarettes on the brain but feel so ill I dont feel like doing anyting including smoking.  I hoped that if I didnt smoke for 3 months I would get out of the habit but uv made me wonder.  The patches didnt work for me but a big well done to you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts