Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have just had our info eve and are with KCC, just wondering if anyone else is going with them at the moment?  :)

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Hevs - Thanks for your PM. Have you thought about Concurrency?  If you want info let me know.

Hope your info evening went well.

Fiona

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They talked about concurrency at the info eve, but I dont drive, and we would need to get to the centre daily they told us.
It would mean hubby giving up work, as he is the driver, and then finding a job again at a later stage if it went to adoption.

So although we talked about it, we dont feel it is a viable option for us really, although something we felt was worth considering after they had talked about it.
I also think we are further than the hour away that they requested as the maximum.

Heather x

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
I hope things happen quickly for you. All the best if I can be of any help, just ask.

Fiona

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hi Heather

We are waiting for our 6 months after tx to be up so we can go with kcc! Although we asked to be informed of the next info evening and no one told us there was one on!!!

How are you finding things with kcc? We are so desparte to get the ball rolling

Caroline

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Am I reading it right that Kent only need you to have been treatment free for 6 months?
xx

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Liveinhope - At our info eve last week, we were told that they like you to have stopped treatment for 12 months, and there were a few groans when that was said.  ^hugme^

Spatch - We phoned on the 7th april, and were told they didnt know the date of the next info eve, but would put our names forward to the next available, it was either canterbury or ashford, and we said we didnt mind which. A few days later we got a letter telling us it was in Ashford on may 12th.
Could be worth ringing them again and chivvying them along. Especially as you know now there was one on may 12th.  ^hugme^

But as for KCC in general, well, we have only done the info eve and filled in the initial enquiry form, we are waiting for the home visit, and have been told it could be up to 8 weeks before that happens. Then there is a motivation day before the 4 day prep group.
The SWs seemed friendly enough at the info eve, we asked a couple of questions afterwards when we had a hot drink.

Good luck both of you though. xx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts