Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tested today, 7 days before due date for test. BFN.   ^police^ but it was ept you can test 4 days early and I am what would be equivalent to 11dpo (I am 9dpt, 11 days past ec). My question is - Has ANYONE here EVER tested as early as me, got BFN on a 10mIU test and then went on to get BFP on scheduled test date? Would love to hear from anyone that this has actually happened to.

Am I wrong to give up hope or is it really the end of the line???   :(

Thanks all.

·
Premium Member
4,304 Posts
Hun, you have tested way too early, Put the pee sticks away and wait!  ^police^

Good Luck

xxxxxx

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi

I have to agree....you're testing way too early !  Implantation can happen up to 12dpo (so approx 12dpEC)....and those early test hpts are only about 65/69% accurate when used early....you need to allow enough HCG hormone to be released from the implanted embryo.

Most clinics actually recommend testing at 14dpt.....that's pretty standard so I don't think your clinic are asking you to test any longer than most.  The clinics that say you can test a little earlier usually do blood tests which are far more sensitive as they show up the actual level of HCG in your blood.

The reaons clinics advise a test day is because you're more likely to get an accurate result...testing early is only adding unnecessary anxiety to an already stressful 2ww and personally I've never understood why anyone would want to put themselves through that....and I've been through my (un)fair share of IVF/FETs as well as clomid/ttc naturally !

I would put those peesticks away and do as your clinic advise.....having read 1000's of posts asking the exact same question as you and I've seen many ladies get a BFN followed by a BFP on their official test day.....if you use the search facility you'll be able to see just how frequently your question gets asked....and see the results too :)

Good luck
Natasha

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice. Sorry to hear about your bfn minxy  ^hugme^

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.