Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just wondering if any of you have had a baby naming ceremony instead of a christening? Rob and I are not very religious people, neither of us have been christened and we did not get married in a church as we felt it would be very hypocritical.

We feel that our boys will be missing out by not having a christening, after all its a special day for your children (and a good excuse to show them off and for them to get lots of attention!) We have had some information on a baby naming day and are really considering it. It seems quite expensive for what it is but i really like the idea. You can even have it at your own home.

Can i have some opinions please?

L xx

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Hi hunny,

I think Mini had a baby naming ceremony (but don't quote me on it!!!) I think they sound wonderful!

To be honest, it is entirely up to you and Rob, as you know me & Nay aren't religious either but we felt that having Zak christened was a nice thing to do. It sort of made it all official about the god-parents etc too. I think it's a traditional thing as well, both of us have been christened and was married in church (same one as Nay was christened in and married in too!) and we just felt that it was right.

At the end of the day sweetie, do whatever you feel is best for you, Rob and the boys and whatever you do do, it will be one of the most magical days you will experience as a family!!

Hope you are all well.

Love as always

Shezza

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Hi Leanne,

Good to hear your boys are doing well (just had a little read on 'Parent's place to chat'), you must have your hands full with two.. and I think it's hard with one!

I saw an ad for a baby naming ceremony and we're considering having one ourselves for the same reasons as you. 
We wish we'd known about them earlier though really as would love to have one in our garden and so would have been great to have had one this summer so that everyone would get to meet him at once.  Bit late for any open air activities now though I fear.  Not sure if we'll maybe have one next year instead or not.  Are they quite a new thing?  I would also be interested to know how it went from somebody who's had one.  Do you still pick 'god' parents do you know?

Love petlamb xx

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Leanne

Mini did have one she's posted to me about them on the old Mummies Place to Chat boards. I'm sure she contacted the local registry office and had someone come out and do it.

We are of the same mind as you as we are not religious and would feel quite hypocritical doing a Christening.  Have a lovely time whatever you decide.

Karen x

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Leanne

i have Im you - just seen this post

Mini xx

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Hi Leanne
me and dh are in the same boat as you - unchristened heathens and we had a civil wedding.  I'd kind of like something to mark the occasion of our twins birth, especially since its something we wanted for so long. 

I know that wedding registrars do ceremonys but we'd probably not bother with that, just have a bit of a party.  However, I'd love to hear about anyone else's experiences of a naming ceremony - Mini, how was yours?  What do you reckon you will do leanne?
xxx Morgan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.