Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the subject title says it all really.

I just wondered if anyone had been told they need immune treatment but then moved to donor egg and not needed it?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
15,864 Posts
although a younger, fitter egg might make a stronger embryo that is better able to cope with an immune attack, if your immune system is VERY hostile to an embryo that is unlikely to change much whether its DE or OE - if you mean that you've switched to a different clinic for DE - then that's a different story as lots of docs don't regard immune issues as worthy of trying to treat... but that's presumably the case whether they are treating you for OE or DE?

I guess there is slightly less chance of having a DQa match if its DE than OE but my understanding is that if your NKa are raised due to your immune system being exposed to DQa matching in the past, it might not drop on its own even if future embryos are non-matching.

I would have thought its more likely to work if your NKa isn't too bad in the first place?

hope this helps

A x

·
Registered
959 Posts
i had DE and am 10 weeks pregnant with twins, TBH i didnt want to risk not having immune drugs, Luckily it worked 1st time for us

I theory younger eggs are stonger and healthier and should be able to fight off any immunes but i didnt want to take that risk

I think it would be an idea to go for your NK tests before and then make your decision
good luck..

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Agate and needjustone.

Congrats needjustone.  ^reiki^

My Lad was boderline so I did have a booster LIT recently, although was a bit cocerned as no itchy red lumps, just bruises.

No DQ match.

When pg last year I had intralipid on bfp and this controlled nk's but then my T reg were low so needed ivig anyway.

I guess I was just interested but like you say Agate if it's a younger egg then this makes sense. Belated congrats to you too.

Thanks again for your helpful advice.

xx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts