Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have been looking on the net for more info to see if there is anyway my tubes can be unblocked so I don't have to have IVF. I came across the attached website http://www.clearfallopians.com/contact.html.

This lady Shola Oslo talks about natural ways to clear your fallopian tubes.
The paragraph below is copied from the site.

And discovering your body's natural ability to heal itself - when you give yourself the right nutrients, and take the right actions to reverse the toxic effects of modern living can also make a difference in opening your fallopian tubes.

It cost 23.75 (i think) to send an ebook to you.

Has anyone tried this or is it a load of rubbish? My Dp says it will be a load of rubbish otherwise the NHS would be doing this?

I know I'm not thinking straight at the moment and all I have on my mind is wanting a baby so i want this to work for 23.75 instead of paying 3-4 k for IVF as there is no other option to have a baby if you have blocked tubes? Or is there?

Any advise anybody?

Laura

/links

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
hi laura  :)

just wondering if tubal surgery has ever been mentioned to you ? sorry i dont know much about your DX i presume you have tubal problems, is it adhesions/hydros ?

as for the extract you have shown im not sure, im sure if there was a chance that we could do this + clear fallopian tubes without surgery or needing IVF to get PG yes the docs would indeed know about it + mention it 

xxx

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HI,

I had a lap last week and was told I had endo and that the dye wouldn't go up my tubes. My tubes were very swollen and the sergeons said everything was stuck together. The follow up appointment  I have with the consultant isn't until the 2/7/08 so I am trying to find out as much info as I can before I go. (it seems ages away) !.

The waiting list for IVF I'm my area is 18 months which also seems a long time so I was hoping I could have some other surgery to sort everything out down there and not have to go through IVF.

I have been to see my GP today to see if he could go over the notes with me (no was the answer to that one) he could only speak in general terms he said. He said if my tubes were blocked then that normally means you have to have IVF there is nothing else they can do.

Laura xx

·
Registered
566 Posts
Hi Laura

I know we have spoken on another thread.  Had a look at the link, have to say I have never heard of it and would be very dubious.  I'm sure if any ladies on here know anything more about it they will let you know.

Have you asked about getting booked in for a Hysterosalpingogram yet?  I still don't see how they can be sure that your tubes are blocked until you have had this.

Lots of luck  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Foxylady x

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Foxylady,

No not until I go see Dr Debono on the 2/7/08. (roll on ha ha) I will be asking about it though.

I don't see how eating certain things can clear your tubes( wishfull thinking )

The site talked about Chinese medicines have you every tried any of these?

I have read a few people say they they have conceived more after the have had a lap  i am hoping by some miracle this will happen for me, not that i am really interested in bms at the moment my stomach is still sore and Dp wont come near me in case he hurts me.

Laura x

·
Registered
566 Posts
Hi Laura

Could you not ask the GP to arrange the HSG appointment now with your con?  Just worried for you that you are not seeing him til the 2nd then will have to wait for an appoinment to have this procedure afterwards?

I don't see how eating certain things can help with tubal blockages, although diet can certainly have an impact on Endo etc.  I am actually seeing a chinese doctor at the moment and taking herbs and having acupuncture.  It's definitely having an effect in some way as my cycle is all over the place!!  The idea for me is to try and improve the blood flow to my reproductive organce as this has always been a problem for me.  I'm also avoiding dairy and yeast and must admit I feel better for it.

It's true that some people have found it easier to conceive after a lap but that is generally in the few months afterwards, I wouldn't worry that you're not interested in BMS just yet, it has only been a week and you need to wait until you feel fully recovered.

Wishing you lots of luck, if you want to chat anytime feel free to PM me.

Foxylady xx

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi again

I'm afraid I have to agree with Foxylady here and I would be very dubious of paying out money for an "ebook" which claims to clear fallopian tubes naturally....sorry.

Personally I would wait for your follow up appointment and discuss all your options with them.  I would perhaps also ask, as already suggested on another thread, that you get an HSG done.

After my first lap many moons ago, I had an HSG because whilst the lap/dye had shown both tubes were blocked, there couldn't see exactly where the blockages were.

An HSG is where they insert a catheter into your womb, via your cervix and inject a "special" dye up into it and this then should flow through your fallopian tubes and spill out into your abdominal cavity.  They can watch all of this on a screen (a bit like having a scan or an xray) and it will show exactly where any obstructions are in your tubes......and as I mentioned on previous thread to you, the dye from the lap/dye must've helped possibly "loosen" blockages in my tubes but then the force of the dye from the HSG pushed them through and actually cleared them both.

Another procedure is a HyCosy which is very similar....both can detect blockages in your tubes and also can check for possible abnormalities within your womb such as misshapen, fibroids, polyps etc (I have a septate uterus as well as had polyps and uterine adhesions although these were discovered during various hysteroscopies ~ yet another procedure !)

Obviously it's entirely up to you whether you buy the ebook you've mentioned but if it was me, I'd be very dubious of anything/anyone who makes these claims.

I have tried chinese medicine, herbal remedies, acupuncture, reflexology  over the years....have a read of the Complementary Therapies board.

.....and as for ttc following a lap....I'd wait until you feel comfortable...I've usually waited at least a couple of weeks.  Think I mentioned on the other thread, the window of improved conception is around 6-9mths (possibly up to 12mths) and it did seem to help me before as I did conceive (7mths after one of my ops & then again immediately following a hysteroscopy) although I've not conceived since last op which was over a year ago now and I've had 3 more IVFs since then.

Take care
Natasha

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
foxy lady they usually perform a HSG when you have your lap, well thats always beent he case with me + besides a lap is a great way of getting in there to see the extent of the damage + they can tell alot by just that

laura there are options, obviously you dont have any info at the mo on the extent of the damage to your tubes, until then you will have to stick it out ^hugme^ i know only too well after ops you are left in limbo + it aint nice but you can gather some info from here of different scenarios before you go back so you are armed with some facts ;)

having blocked tubes does not always mean you have to have IVF/ICSI you can have tubal surgery depending on the stats of the success outcome, i have had tubal surgery to re-open + drain hydros as well as clear some adhesions, this was successful unfortunately we did not know at the time we had male factor to contend with too + 6 months of clomid later we still were unsuccessful plus my hydro returned so we made the decision to have tubes removed before TX but that was with hydros

they say that after surgery you have a window of 6-9 months to fall PG this is when the patency of the tubes are at there best after repair, they may offer you surgery as an option or you could ask at your consult but be aware it does depend on the extent of the damage

if you do need to go straight for IVF ^hugme^ i know the financial aspects are a killer, but you will find a way if this is what you need, do you know if you have any NHS entilements for TX ? you can get in otuch with your local PCT to find out your entitlements ~ http://www.nhs.uk/ServiceDirectories/Pages/PrimaryCareTrustListing.aspx#C

as for the old jiggy when you feel comfy go for it, as long as there is no bleeding you will be fine ;) + its not the lap that can help clear tubes its the HSG that can help flush debre from your tubes hence clearing them but from what you said the dye didnt flush staright through hunny this seems to be something a little more than debre ^hugme^

xxx

[red]This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that FertilityFriends.co.uk or its owners are not responsible for the content of external internet sites[/red]

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
if you go to a persons name at the side under the avatar piccy you will see a green piece of paper, click on this to send a PM (personal message)  ;)

xxx

·
Registered
566 Posts
Laura - just sent you a PM so that you can see how it works  ;)

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
cleg said:
foxy lady they usually perform a HSG when you have your lap, well thats always beent he case with me + besides a lap is a great way of getting in there to see the extent of the damage + they can tell alot by just that
Cleg hunnie, I may be completely wrong (and it's not unheard of !!) but I've never heard of an HSG being performed at same time as laparoscopy. You can have a laparoscopy and dye but the dye used is slightly different.

A hysteroscopy, an HSG (hysterosalpingogram) and a HyCoSy (hystero-salpingo contrast sonography) are 3 completely different procedures (HSG and HyCoSy not same thing).

An HSG and a HyCoSy are similar in that they involve injecting a dye up through the cervix into the uterus and watch to see it spill out the ends of the tubes. An HSG can show obstructions in the tubes & sometimes abnormalities in womb but a HyCoSy is far clearer...an HSG is like having an xray dye and uses radio contrast dye, whereas a HyCosy uses dye but with similar equipment to having a "dildo cam" internal scan ie sonography rather than xray.

http://www.nufw.com.au/hycosy.htm

http://www.ivf.com/fert_hysterosalpingogram.html

A hysteroscopy is where they check directly inside your womb for any abnormalities by inserting a fine scope with a camera, via the cervix into the womb (doesn't involve any dye). They can then see inside your womb on a screen (like when having a laparoscopy) and can also perform any surgery if needed eg removal of polyps, fibroids, uterine adhesions, correction to abormal shaped womb such as septate.

http://hcd2.bupa.co.uk/fact_sheets/html/hysteroscopy.html

A laparoscopy is where they look directly inside the pelvic cavity...so see the outside of the womb, as well as the tubes, ovaries etc etc. They can check for adhesions, endometriosis, fibroids etc. This is where they pass a fine scope with camera through an incision in or just below the belly button (and possibly other small incisions around ovary and low pelvic/pubis area)...they can then perform micro surgery if required. They may also be able to perform surgery to tubes this way. With a laparoscopy they can also inject a dye up through your cervix and see if it spills out the ends of your tubes into the pelvic cavity...however, they wouldn't be able to see exactly where any possible obstruction was as the dye is not radio contrast.

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/health_advice/examinations/laparoscopy.htm

I've had 5 lap/dyes, 5 hysteroscopies (4 at same time as each other and then 1 lap/dye and 1 hystero done on own)...plus an HSG a few months after my first lap/dye.....bout the only thing I've not had is a HyCoSy.

Take care
Natasha

/links

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
ee now i was told that i had a HSG at the same time  as my lap  :eek: i tell you my GP is  ^censored^ so it will have been the one with the cervial dye with a lap (weird as i know i had a lap + dye but again the GP didnt expalin it like that  :mad: no wonder i get confused  ;D)   i have only ever gone by what they have told me going through notes (con dont say much he just explains the poutcome)  ^idiot^ also about the laps i was told that they could tell me weather or not the patency of my tubes were good or not, sorry if i got it wrong i have gone by what the "GP" have told me  ^idiot^ might have known it wouldnt be right  :-[

xxx

ps good job i had the con or my results would have been given in gobbledegook too  ^idiot^

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Cleg hunnie, that's the problem with GPs sometimes ::)  I'm not saying your wrong (or your GP) but it would seem strange to have an actual HSG procedure at same times as a laparoscopy....but hey, maybe you did and I'm wrong :-\

A lap/dye can check the patency of your tubes ie whether there are any blockages.....but it can't tell you exactly where in your tubes these blockages are as it can't see inside your tubes.

With the HSG and HyCosy, because they use a different type of dye and can show up on screen, it shows them just like an xray so shows the insides of your tubes (if that makes sense) ?

I vaguely remember watching my HSG on the screen....all quite interesting actually !

N xx

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
im going to ask again now when im there  ;D i havent had a HSG like you normally would then, my lap + dye in 06 they new the extent of the damage was bad they knew i had adhesions towards the uterus end of tubes + ovary end they were clubbed with hydros, the GP just then said HSG therfore i didnt think anything of it as my previous laps had just been diagnostic for endo no dye, sometimes i think they slip up with there words + think because we dont really know they can pass it off without being questioned  ^bigbad^

xxx

·
Registered
566 Posts
I'm a bit confused now but I have spoken to my consultant about this in the past and he has told me he would only ever do an HSG as a lone procedure.  But hey, they do have some wierd and wonderful methods in Jersey so who knows!!  Like Natasha, I have watched on the screen when having an HSG done.

GP's are great at giving conflicting advice and opinions aren't they  ^bigbad^

Foxy  :-*                 

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
foxy you + natashja will be right, from what she has been through she knows her stuff + i have confidence in what she says, now my GP is another matter all together, they are pretty useless + when i have gone in for a check up they have probably not looked properly + had a slip of the tongue

feel like a plank now  ;D

xxx   

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Cleg

....do you think it was possibly a Hysteroscopy that you had and not an HSG ?  You can have a hysteroscopy at same time as a laparoscopy as I've had several done together.  If you'd had both of those together then they'd be able to see whether you had adhesions within your womb (through hysteroscopy) and then clubbing of your tubes at other end (through laparoscopy) ?

It is all confusing isn't it....I've kinda got my mind round alot of it now but I remember when I had my first lap I was only 19 and had no idea what was going on....it's only over the years and having been poked and prodded through so many procedures that I've done my own research as sometimes only way to understand what they're doing to my body !!

Take care
Natasha ^hugme^

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
cleg said:
foxy you + natashja will be right, from what she has been through she knows her stuff + i have confidence in what she says, now my GP is another matter all together, they are pretty useless + when i have gone in for a check up they have probably not looked properly + had a slip of the tongue

feel like a plank now ;D

xxx
Don't be silly hun.....you only know what you've been told....and if you've been told something by a professional why would you think otherwise.

I'm certainly not medically qualified and I could well be wrong...perhaps some places do do HSG with lap...I just never heard of it and just seems a bit because of the difference in procedures.

:-* ^hugme^

N xx

·
Registered
566 Posts
Think Natasha is right - I have had a hyteroscopy done whenever I have had a lap as my con likes to look at the lining fo my uterus as I have had Ashermans.

Cleg - you're not a plank, this stuff is confusing and I'm never sure if what I'm being told is right or not - unfortunately I have little faith in the medical profession now!

Love and  ^hugme^ to all

Foxylady x

1 - 20 of 21 Posts