Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am mid-treatment (the first time) with an egg donor in New York.  I had cancer (non-Hodgkin's lymphoma) 9 years ago when I was 29.  At the time the most devastating news was the infertility caused by the treatment.  I felt that even if I went into remission & got to the magic 5 years, my life had changed forever.

I am expecting to receive my embryo on the 8th or 9th May.  Has anyone been through a similar experience?

Also is anyone out there having an ET around the same time?

Would love to share experiences.

Anna ^reiki^

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Hiya Anna,

I'm not in the same situation as yourself, we have male factor infertility as the result of my dh's cancer treatment. We used sperm he froze prior to the treatment. I just wanted to say congratulations on the remission - that's fantastic. Also best of luck with your treatment. I agree that cancer changes our lives forever and even once you get to that magic 5 year mark it still effects your outlook on life. We defintely don't get so worked up about the little things as much and tend to take the future one day at a time as what will be will be despite our best laid plans!

We've just had our 2nd cycle of ICSI and are currently just over 7 weeks pregnant. It's early days yet of course but a few years ago we wondered if this day would ever come. I hope your treatment is successful and if I can be of any support feel free to post or IM me.

Best of luck  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Mookie
xxx

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow!!!  I am over the moon for you - I can really imagine your excitment & joy, as I am now on the 2ww myself, due to test on the 23rd.
Congratulations to both of you - your story is an inspiration.

^reiki^

Anna

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Well done to both of you!

You can be my shining examples... It's brilliant to hear about people who've gone through this and had it work for them.

I had both ovaries removed due to ovarian cancer 2 years ago and they said I could try DE after 2 years. So, the witching hour is upon us and we're planning donor IVF treatment in Athens in Feb 06. It's pretty scary (had enough hospital visits, thanks all the same) but also really nice to be making a positive step forward. Only thing is you keep looking over your shoulder for the next thing to bite you. Am thinking positive but it's always in the back of your mind.

I'm so pleased it worked for you both. Wish me luck!!
Lisa
xx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.