Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used a Respisense Breathing Monitor?

We're thinking of getting them for our twins, I'd love to know what you thought of it good or bad?

Many thanks, Maria x

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Hi Maria - Congrats on your twins. I have them for my two. They were premature and I was worried about their breathing so I looked into apnoea monitors but could only find the mattress ones which are no good when you are out walking etc. I liked the idea of being able to have them on all the time - in the pram, in their bouncy chairs etc.

I find them to be very good. I use them 24/7 at the moment although as they get bigger and have more tummy time I will drop down to just nap/sleep times.

The pros - They really give you peace of mind as you know they are okay - none of this constant checking if they are breathing I have seen friends do with their babies.
They are very small and fit under normal clothing quite well, very well under sleep suits.
If you want to check on them at night, you can see a little light flashing through their clothes which I also found very reassuring.

The cons - The alarm is not overly loud so if you go into another room, use a baby monitor to amplify.
If you don't push them right onto the nappy they can wiggle off and the few alarms we had in the early days were often from this - we learned not to panic! Pink babies are fine :)
The price - they are around £75 each and only have one battery but I've used mine 24/7 for four months and the battery indicator is still on full, so I should get about a year out of them and by then the cot-death risk drops right down anyway.

For me they have made me a much calmer mummy and on the plus side - when my daughter was having a choking fit on her saliva (weird reflux reaction) the alarm went off as she went rigid and held her breath and I was able to get to her quickly and sort her out.

I hope that helps.

Kyla xxx

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Kyla

That's really helpful  :)  We're definately going to buy them as I just love the idea that they can wear them constantly and I'll need all the help I can get to help make me a calmer mummy!  ;D  We've already bought a room monitor so that should help with the loudness of the alarm.

Your twins are absolutely gorgeous! Can't believe I'm going to have 2 like that soon enough  :)

Thanks again

Maria x

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
You're welcome Maria.

Thanks for the comment on my babies. It's an amazing thing, being a twin mummy.

Kyla x

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Hi

We bought one for Sam & used it when we 1st came out of hospital.  Unfortunately, it kept going off in the middle of the night even though Sam was breathing!  In the end, we sold it & bought a BabySense Baby Monitor which is totally superb, but I guess that won't help you with the twins!

Ronnie
xx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts