Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
Hubby had a sperm test a few weeks ago and the results have come back worse than ever. His count has gone down to 5 !!! :'(

He has a count of 35 at the beginning of the year and this went down to 20 and now its 5. The other factors such as mortality and morph arent that great either!

He hs cut back down on alcohal since the begiining of the year and has taken the MG vitamins and eaten organic food etc! So he has done all the right things and this has come as a shock.....

help....anyone else had this? :mad:

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
HI Shelley

Sorry to hear this, we have not experienced this.  Remember though it takes 3 months minimum to see an improvement and I belive any virus or infection he has had can take its toll.

Clare

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hiya Clare,
Thanks for your reply.
when hubby had the first test, he had a bad flu in the previous three months.
this time round he has been in the best of health for months!! so we just dont get it....

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi,

Sperm counts can vary depending on if your dp is under the weather.  We went down the vitamins and organic diet route and my dh's sample swung from extremes each time.

A low sperm count can be overcome by IVF or ICSI.  When I went for IVF my dh's had sunk to its lowest level and we converted to ICSI.  As you can see it was successful.

Good luck. Don't give up hope.

Gina

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Gina,
Thanks for your message.
We went crazy when we got this result. He has been so good and not having any binge drinks and has really cut back. So I cant even have a go at him for not trying....
shelleyxxx

·
Premium Member
1,980 Posts
Hi Shelley

My dp gave up smoking and his count dropped. Then he started again and it went up!!

Our consultant said "I hope you are not advocating smoking to increase sperm counts!!!!!"

My dp has had counts over the last few years ranging from 7,8,12 and the last one was 36! So much higher than usual that they suggested IUI for the first time instead of ICSI.

There seems to be no reason for the fluctuation (apart from smoking!!) as his diet is pretty consistent and he doesn't take supplements.

Nicky

1 - 6 of 6 Posts