Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ,
Odd question i know  :-\ But just wondering if anyone elses LO seems to be off their food and naps over Christmas ? Without really being ill ? Just wondering cause my LO has been a bit 'coldy' but not really ill , but he is really off his food and naps , just wondering if it's disruption to his routeine and all these toys in view ? And really wondering if anyone else has noticed the same in their LO ???

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
H's naps have gone all over the place but I think maybe it is her age starting to want to drop one and been out and about.  They have got later and late so now have to make sure she doesn't have long at all

·
Registered
930 Posts
with both of mine everything went up the spout at Christmas.  I try to be relaxed and make sure they get plenty of fluids ... and counter the chocolate with as many bananas etc as I can get away with.  (fortunately they both do like them)

For mine, although everything goes mental over Christmas (and then DD birthday on new years day) they do usually settle down very quickly afterwards.
I also find the odd bit of calpol helps if their day has been too much for them and they are feeling hot.  Keep an eye and try to have one or two quiet days ....
DC

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hi
Our routine has def been affected. Wade needs his routine, and is a nightmare when things change, so mealtimes, naps and bedtime have all gone up the wall. He doesn't want to go to bed anymore, he just wants to play with his new toys. Hopefully he'll soon get back to normal, I can't bribe him with father Xmas any more either  ::) ::)
Sue

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Ooh we are in the same boat. Had the beloved Grandparents here so she's been reluctant to nap and has even missed one all together which has never happened to date!!! They've gone now and things seemed to settle but this afternoon she just played and played in her cot for nearly an hour so we got her up, took her out and after a snack she fell asleep in the car!

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
Free, it could be Christmas or it could be his age - DD has been dropping her nap for the last couple of months - it's a nightmare, she still needs the sleep but doesn't always get it.  I have to make sure she gets a car journey or a trip in the buggy so she gets something.  DS dropped his nap finally at 2.5, and it's quite a common age to stop wanting to sleep in the day.  Often a change in routine like a holiday or Christmas can help put paid to the nap if they're ready to drop it anyway.

Both my two are disrupted by events like Christmas, but alot of this has to do with school holidays as well, that the routines all go to pot when they don't have to get up or go to bed at certain times.  This year has been terrible - DD is a dreadful sleeper anyway, but DS has been getting up and into our bed, which he's hardly ever done.  With the weather bad, and both of mine have been really poorly too, they've not had much chance to tire themselves out.  We've actually been deliberately putting our two to bed later than usual to get them to go through the night without waking up.  It's worked some nights but mostly not!

Like Delores we're trying to counteract the chocolate with some fruit - which is mostly all they've felt like eating, big meals are a bit of a no-no at the mo.  They can survive a long time without proper meals, a little and often is probably a better strategy right now.  I always try to see food in the context of at least a week.

C x

C x

·
Premium Member
4,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all your replies ladies , it's kinda nice to know that ours isn't the only disrupted household  :-\  Thus making us normal ish .
Saying all that though , yesterday K came down with the most horrendous stinking cold and has been so not himself , so maybe it has been a bit of that brewing too  :(
There hasn't really been that much chocolate consumed by K , his appetite just seems to have vanished , so I have stocked up on banana's , grapes and blueberries , and last night he did have a decentish tea of fruit .
In the meantime I will  ^pray^ the day time nap gets back into the routine .
Hope all your routines are soon back to normal  ^reiki^

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Same here. One is fine but jack is all over the place with his sleeping. He usually has 2 hours after lunch and sleeps 7-7. He's not doing that at the moment though and I'm shattered! ^bigbad^

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Oh Slinky, poor you x

NG is sleeping well at night but she's not going to sleep until at least 8pm, sometimes later and is then sleeping later. I know I shouldn't let her but it's so nice to have a bit of a lie in.

Right now she's chuntering away in her cot. Whether she sleeps or not she's out of there at 3pm today so we can try and get bedtime back on track.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts