Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

so excited! spoke with DH on weekend, and we have decided to fund our own ISCI as waiting is just being silly (cant have funded tx until im 30). Have decided to egg share to, not just finiancal reasons, even tho this helps alot, but i know how i feel about not having a baby and wanna help someone else if i can to.

anyway, just wanted to say, that im actually on this bandwaggon now! and dont know what i do now! haha, going to phone clinic to try to get an appointment to talk it all thro, DH has a NHS sperm check in may (due to his tablets he is on), so cant really do anything from there, its just so exciting and nerve racking!!!!

·
Registered
868 Posts
Hi Kitten,

I am so pleased for you. Its great that you can now look forward to ICSI, keep us informed and all the best of luck  ^pray^

Bell xxx

·
Registered
939 Posts
Good luck Kitten, I think you're definitely doing the right thing, it's crazy to wait to get to the "right age" - and I'm full of admiration for you doing egg share. Hope it all goes well.
Cat
x

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone, got our first consultation on 10th June! just got off the phone to them cant wait. leasts its going ahead now!!! something is actually real!!!

Mrs chaos, thanks for the links, i have been a floater in those for a while to see so maybe i can post now!

G

·
Loads of luck...my advice though, if you are paying, would be to go to the best place you can - this may not be/is unlikely to be, your NHS unit sadly. The HFEA website will give you success rates - do look at these before you part with your cash ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ - you want to give yourself the very best chance you can ;)

xxx

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well....maybe we will hve to look at that. we are not going to our NHS unit. we are going to Salisbury..... nearest one that does egg share!!!

anyone got any experiences of these?

·
Registered
837 Posts
Hi Kitten,

Didn't want to read and run, thought I would pop by and tell you our story. We are currently waiting to start DR with egg sharing but at Hull clinic. I agree with Lukey, to look into the clinics but If you aren't using an NHS clinic you should be seen faster. Our problem is that we have been waiting ages to be matched and get started. I have had to push the clinic every step as they didn't seem to be in any hurry to get sorted. If we had known then what we know now I would have looked into a private clinic. But all clinics will be different.

Any how, where from here, go and get your blood tests done as soon as possible. One of the tests for egg sharing can take upto 12 weeks we were told. Also, you might be able to have this done at GP and save a bit of money. My other bit of advice would be don't leave the clinic without either your next appointment or knowing when to book your next appointment. We'd still be no where near treatment if I hadn't done this and rang etc.

Good luck,

Jen x

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Hi Kitten,

Have already replied to you on another thread but thought I would reply to you hear too. There's some good advice from previous posters but I just wanted to give you some accurate information being that I've been having tx at Salisbury for the last couple of years so know how it all works there. Don't worry about needing to get your blood tests done that will all be handled by Salisbury and for free so you don't need to be concerned about the cost or how long the results will take to come back as it will all be done on site. I have never yet paid for any blood tests there and I've had a few now! ::) This is partly down to the fact that they are in the main an NHS clinic who take private patients, that said a large majority of their patients are private, I think partly to do with NHS funding criteria in both Wiltshire and Hampshire but don't get me started on that one! For this reasons blood tests, and any investigations for that matter, can be done on the NHS rather than making patients pay. I've had an HSG and 2 hysterosocopies there and didn't pay for them either. You will get all the information you need at your first consultation but go armed with a list of things you want to ask so that you don't forget. You should find your first consultation is very thorough and you will be told what the next step will be. ie, tests and investigations or on to planning treatment. Obviously this will depend on your previous history so I can't say exactly what will be next for you but you will be told at this fist appointment.

The clinic, like most, can get very busy but they will give you appointment dates etc and you can always get hold of someone by phone if you are unsure. It can take a little while to match you depending on various factors but they wont leave you hanging about without knowing. When we went for our egg share appointment they gave us a rough time scale and I didn't need to pester them about how soon things would proceed as they called me well within the time frame they had given me and told me I had been matched. I do tend to follow things up by phone if I think I should have heard something but they are pretty much on the ball with this but don't be afraid to call them if you want to. I have nothing but praise for the way we have been treated at Salisbury even though we haven't had a positive result yet. I trust our Cons implicitly and we always feel like he knows us personally and we are not just another number in the system.

Good luck with it all and if you want to know anything else just ask.

M&M

1 - 9 of 9 Posts