Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am on and off this forum depending on my mood but havent really introduced myself.  Have had 3 miscarriages and then surgery to fix a deep septum in my uterus...this gave us alot of hope but after ttc for a year after the surgery I have now been told my FSh is very high (18.9) and my only hope is donor eggs.  My cyles are very regular but have become lighter and I am worried about this.  I am trying everything to ttc naturally (acupuncture, herbs, agnus castus, vitamins etc) but my periods are still very light.  I am now sure how much more I can take and my local clinic cannot do anything more for me.  I am at an all time low and in such a panic that I will never have a baby.
thanks so much for listening

B x

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Hi Buba! :)

First of all welcome to FF! I'm really sorry to hear of your problems trying to conceive ^hugme^ , although I am sure you will gain support, advice and friendship from this forum which will help you on your journey ^reiki^ I truly think that FF has kept me sane at times, well almost ;D

I am going to post you some links, which will be of interest to you, on these boards you will be able to find others who can offer you advice and support who understand how you are feeling.

What Every New Member Needs to Know ~
CLICK HERE

Donor sperm/eggs CLICK HERE

I know of one lady on here, Chris, Brownowl who did donor egg treatment and is very knowledgeable she may be worth a pm, very clued up. I know she wont mind me mentioning thisx

What can improve egg quality and quantity~
CLICK HERE

I see you are trying ac to lower your FSH, but have found this thread too, which may be useful
http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=130805.msg1938553;topicseen#msg1938553

I think that should keep you busy for now! However, don't forget to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area

G&B - Community Fun board
CLICK HERE

To make the site easier to navigate click on the index tab at the top of any page - pink hearts mean there is something new within the board you have not read/looked at and if you scroll right down you will see the last ten posts from all over FF all are clickable ;) if you refresh this page (f5) it will update the last ten posts as well as the boards/threads and who's online!!!
take some time to look at the help tab too ;)

Check out the Locations boards for where you live & a site search for your clinic ;) I've found this brilliant to meet girls locally who are going through or have been through treatment and can be a great source of information, friendship and the inside guide to the best local clinics.

Best of luck, sending you lots of ^reiki^ and ^fairydust^

Loujx ;D

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
Hello Buba, thought I would formally say welcome to Fertilty Freinds, although I am sure we have already "spoken" before...perhaps on the Lister thread? ???
I am very sorry to hear of all that you have been through already. I can only imagine how devastating things must have been for you. ^hugme^
Is it the Lister who are advising you to go egg donor route? If so I find that quite unusual for them as I know they are quite good at treating poor responders or those who have a high FSH / low egg reserve. I've not klnown them to give up on using your own eggs as long as the patient wants to try and if you have not had IVF before there is no way of telling how you will respond (you might do ok and get, if not loads of eggs, at least enough to make a good go of it) If you have not already been to see them and it is another clinic telling you this, I would advise it worth a visit or even a telephone consultation - or if not there, have a look around for another clinic who will treat you with your FSH being what it is - there are plenty out there that are prepared to give it a shot and sadly there are also some who seem to "give up" too soon on your chances with your own eggs. I have seen ladies on FF advised to go the donor route, opt to try with their own eggs and succeed so it does and can happen!  There is a lot that can be done with ladies with high FSH and 18.9 isn't massively high in the grand scheme of things (I think over 30 is considered perimenopausal) so you might have a chance yet. 
One point worth thinking about is that a high FSH result on its own is not necessarily indicative of normal. i.e. you might have one rogue high result and it is certainly worth repeating the test a few months later, perhaps after you have had time to let the benefits of any complimentary therapies sink in. I know many ladies on FF who have had success with lowering FSH so please do check out the link Lou provided. Stress can play a part in increasing FSH too.

You might also want to ask about clomid, perhaps to boost your chances while ttc naturally. You have no physical barriers to conception and, previously your problem was not so much getting pregnant as m/c due to your uterus so with this corrected maybe you might just need a little help. It's certainly worth pushing for and worth a try while you wait for any treatment you plan to come around.

Having said all of that there is absolutely no shame in donor treatment at all and I honestly believe that, if that's what you need to make you a mummy, then it doesn't matter where your egg or sperm came from - you will be his/her mummy forever. :)

I don't know the reason your periods might be lighter but, in fact they do sometimes change over time and perhaps them being lighter is nothing at all to worry about at all and merely just that things have now changed a little after your surgery. It might be a good thing so please try not to let it worry you. Provided you have a lining that builds up to a decent thickness (which they could test for via a scan in the latter half of your cycle) then it ought not to affect your ability to conceive either with or without IVF.

Lastly, just a massive hug ^Cuddle^ and I hope the low feeling passes and you can look forward with some optimism soon. Keep up the baby dancing - it may yet work for you the old fashioned way! ^reiki^

C~x

·
Premium Member
13,830 Posts
Hi Buba and welcome to the site :)

You have come to a fantastic place full of advice and support.

Im so sorry to read you have gone through so much and can understand why this is very frustrating and upsetting for you. Trying all the vitamins and accupunture etc is really good as this can all help. I just want to wish you all the luck with the future.

Kate xx

·
Registered
8,127 Posts
I'm sorry to read about all the heartbreak you've been through and that your having to go through such a difficult journey to become a mother. It is a great shock when you're told that donor eggs is your only option (I hope that they're wrong and you do find another solution), but it's a very rewarding way of still giving birth to your child. I found the donor sperm/egg threads a great help and learnt that so many ladies go through this. If you do contact Brownowl, she is lovely. I hope your dream comes true soon.  ^hugme^

Kay xxx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts