Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a letter from my clinic today saying that as I still have a large follicle/cyst on my ovary following my last miscarriage they want me to take the pill for a month to 'get control' of my ovaries before starting d/r (providing the next scan shows things are all-clear). Am feeling v disappointed as it means we won't now be able to start next tx for at least 7 weeks and we have plans for july/aug so will have to postpone treatment until after the summer. AAARGH! Has anyone else been given this advice?? Thanks, Verity

·
Registered
556 Posts
I was at the Lister and was given the pill to start taking from the first day of my period for 21 days then sniff synarel for 1 week before starting stims.  I didn't have any cysts I think this is just the way they chose down reg for me.

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
i too was on the pill although dont suffer with cysts, same started on day 1 + continued to take it till about a week into D/R

try not to worry they are only trying to give you the best shot + if this means hanging on a little while longer then so be it  ^hugme^

goodluck  ^reiki^

xxx

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'm just about to do this too. My Dr explained that at any time we have eggs at different stages of devolopment so they use the pill to make sure that when they start the tx there are no eggs at any stage of development and that means they have more control over the forced cycle.

Does that make sense ? That may not be the absolute scientific  explanation but it worked for me.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hello, I had cysts on my ovaries (PCOS - mild) and so was started on pill prior to down regging. Just completed first cycle - all went well, but sadly ended up with BFN. If your docs advise the pill then its for the best, its to help you have a successful and complete cycle. Perhaps a better way to think of it is - better to take your time and give yourself the best chance of a complete cycle rather than risk having to abandon it and start again in which case they would do this protocol anyway.

I know its lousy waiting, but hopefully worth it in the end.

Good luck,

PixiePie xxx

·
Registered
5,661 Posts
Hi,
Dh and I have switched clinics so don't know how our current one works, but our last one always put me on the pill prior to starting ivf meds.  I'm in Canada and I think that for us is similar to how you guys downreg in the UK as I've never done downregging like you all do (i.e. after getting AF from the pill, I was scanned/blood work and if ok, I started stimming...my cilnic did prescribe lupron though on the 3rd week of the pills).  As well, I have pcos and get cysts on my ovaries and have also been put ont he pill to clear them up.  So, it's a tottally normal protocol.  Good luck to you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts