Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

It would be comforting to know if anyone has heard of or had this procedure before and whether it has produced a BFP as a result:

I have already had 2 failed ICSI cycles but each time we produce good quality embryos (not loads, but 1 is all it takes right?!) but they don't implant. Our consultant is encouraging us to go for a 3rd cycle but suggests she does a D&C first in October before starting a full, long cycle in November to take the lining of my womb away, as she said that there can very often be a build up after a few cycles?!!.  With 2 failed cycles behind me, I'm really scared of failing a 3rd time (sorry to be a wuss, because I know a lot of you ladies have been through so much more  :() - I really don't know if I can take the disappointment again  :'(.

Thanks for listening,

Minty xxx

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much Ruth  :) that really is good to know.

^fairydust^

Hoping everyone's dreams come true.

Minty xxx

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Hi Minty

My auntie told me that when she was younger and when fertility treatment was not as advanced as it is now, they sometimes did a D&C as a way of increasing the chance of conception.  Whatever they do, I hope it works for you.

Love Victoria
xxx

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Minty

My Sister in law had a D&C on the recommendation of her gynae and fell pg on her 2nd cycle after the D&C having been told not to try until she'd had her first normal AF after the op.
I hope you get your dream
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Victoria and Fee

Thanks for your posts - it's good to know that this procedure might help me and my DH get our own little bundle of joy  :).

Victoria - I really hope this is the IUI cycle that will work for you and your DP - I will keep everything crossed for you  ^hugme^ ^fairydust^

Love,

Minty xxx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.