Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Since we have been stuck with waiting till new year for home visit I thought I would try and get some reading done.

I ordered a few books from amazon, and one of the is "The Primal Wound, understanding your adopted child" I am currently 1/3 of the way into it but so far am finding it very negative :-[ :-[. I wondered if anyone alse had read it?

I have also ordered "20 things your adopted children wish you knew" or something like that ??? ;D. Brinigng up adopted children tykes and tiddlers and adoption after infertlity which are all still in the post. I have also got The grandparents hand book,(BAAF) the adoption guide(BAAF) and Nutmeg getsadopted(BAAF) So just a bit of light reading for me over the next few weeks ;D ;D

Had my medical today at the GP's which was fine, he could not belive what has happened re the delay due to IVF and has written a coment of support on the back of the medical form. Dh's is in 2 weeks time.

TTFN Mandyxx

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Mandy

I've not read any of the books you list (I did see the Nutmeg book on our course though and I'm ordering it too).  The book both Cindy and I read which was good is " The Adoption Experience" by Ann Morris with the Daily Telegraph - I ordered it from Amazon and chose it because of the reviews.

Happy reading and well done on the medical, one less hurdle.

Karen x

1 - 2 of 2 Posts