1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I saw these at the baby show, they look good but i was put off by the fact that the baby would not be at table height so their food would probably go everywhere apart from their mouths and also that my DD is becoming a bit of an escape artist and would probably work out a way to get out of it.

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
Oh I'm sure Isabel would work out how to get out! She learnt today how to climb out of the highchair and over the back of the sofa!

·
Registered
759 Posts
Hi Ceri,

I have a similar one from bump2three and to be honest it's not been much use at all for us. However, I know other people have used them and found them to be great. It all depends on your child, I suppose.

This is the model we have:

http://www.bumpto3.com/product.aspx?DISPLAYCAT=feed&CAT=Products&CATGRY=feed&PID=JF219

Our LO constantly tries to wriggle out and doesn't seem to like it at all. We now use a portable Fisher Price booster seat with a tray and she is very happy. However, it is nowhere near as light and we can't take it with us when we are flying. There are other light-weight portable harnesses on the market, which appear to be safer and more comfortable but we haven't tried them yet. I think there might be a thread on this subject in product reviews. Oops, no - it's in the travelling section. Here it is:

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=136685.0

HTH

Kasia

/links

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
We have had something similar and we have found it useful on occasions, but the main problem with them is the height issue to the table.

What we take with us now and love is

http://www.mothercare.com/gp/product/B000JECAPA/sr=1-16/qid=1210015934/ref=sr_1_16/202-4600625-4685406?ie=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=42862041&mcb=core

We have a slightly different make which we got from kiddicare the one we have has quite deep arms to allow for tables with wide depth edges.

I still have the other one in the bottom of the change bag for emergencies.

Toni

/links

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Ceri - yes! we have one.  We used it about a month and a half ago when we were at a family Christening. It was great for what it was.  It kept Lara fairly well contained on the dining chair, so we didn't have to hold her. She pretty much paid attention to eating whilst I fed her. It was safe but I would never leave her unattended in it because (at the time) she could wriggle out of it and twist and turn. However, I feel it may be better once she's older and a bit more solid. She was a bit skinny for it when we tried it before.

I would say it's no where near as good as a high chair, but better than nothing if you're trying to feed them at a place (like wedding) when no high chairs are available.  Better (and cleaner) than trying to feed them on your lap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts