Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I'm in between treatments and although we do intend to try again we're (or certainly me!) not ready yet, so have nothing looming on the horizon.

This waiting game is a new stage in the process, with its own ups and downs.  Its pretty hard in its own way, and I wondered is there anyone else out there also taking an indefinate break?

Good luck all
^reiki^

·
Registered
382 Posts
Hi Ermey
I just wanted to say that you are much better taking a break if you don't feel up to more treatment. We were going to start icsi next month but have decided to postpone until the end of the summer - I don't want to start tx until my mind and body are totally ready (nearly there!)- so weve postponed for a few months - this way we can commit 110% to it when the time comes .

I totally understand wanting to take a break, and think that in the long run you are doing yourself a favour - because when you do feel the time is right to go back to it, it will be because you feel right about it, and you will be able to give it all your energy. The in between and waiting times are really hard but if you can try and give yourself a break now and again (eg have a few glasses of wine etc),it may pass a bit more easily..

Hope you are OK anyway, sending you lots of  ^reiki^

love ruby k xx

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hi Ermey,

I totally agree that it is a good idea to have a break.  It's only just over a week since I got a negative result and at first I wanted to go straight in for it, but its now starting to hit home and I also feel that I'm not ready to start treatment again. 

I think that its best to wait until your ready physically and mentally.  If you ever want to chat message me, I've also been undergoing ICSI Treatment.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Ruby and Chickety

Thanks so much for your messages of support.  I feel very mixed up about this waiting.  Dh wants to try again this summer (last BFN was in September 04), but I'm really not confident that I'm ready. 

One problem is that I'm at uni (as a 'mature' student - thats a laugh), so am limited to my summer holidays for any tx. If i don't agree to try this summer then its a whole year till I cna try again.

On one hand having a baby is the most important thing to me, and I don't want tx hanging over us indefinately, but on the other it took so much out of me.... i sometimes wonder if I'll ever be ready.  I can see DH getting upset when I say I think I'm not ready. :-\

At least We've got a special holiday booked for this year to Canada, as a treat after all the tx last year!

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Hi Ermey
Go away and have a fantastic holiday and just let yourself grieve for your loss, I am sure your DH will support you whatever you decide to do, he is just wanting you to be happy, you WILL know when the time is right for you to try again, or you will come to accept that not trying again is the right decision for you, either way remember it is your decision, there is so much peer pressure for us to produce kids sometimes I think we forget why we are putting ourselves through this, I have recently decided to go back to IVF after 10 years of convincing myself that I did not want to try anymore, and suddenly I realised that I wasn't ready to give up without another fight.
Good luck
Dydie

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your nice message Dydie. 10 years is a long wait! That must have been hard in its own way, but all the very best luck to you for your new attempt. ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Chickety - I meant to say, I'm sorry about your BFN  ^hugme^.  there is a new thread started in the ICSI board for people on ICSI-In Betweenies. You're welcome to join us.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.