Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm now 27 weeks with twins (and counting!) I woke up this morning and went to the loo (sorry TMI about to come your way!!) and when I wiped found a blob of mucus on the paper. It was about the size of a 50p. No blood or anything but it was thick, opaque with a slight yellow tinge to it. I've had absolutely nothing since. I have to say over the past week I've noticed my discharge increasing and being a bit thicker at times. I rang delivery suite as I was worried it was my mucus plug but the MW seemed unconcerned and told me to ring if I had any bleeding or bloody mucus or if I started contracting. I'm trying to be calm about this but I feel really unsettled and tearful and I'm terrified of going into pre term labour. I haven't helped myself as I've done an internet search and that has convinced me even more there's a problem! ::) At the moment I'm getting lots of movement so the babies seem to be doing okay. Any advise please as I'm worried sick? I have my scan next Thursday and see my Consultant, but I want to know if I should do anything before then? I'm sure the DS MW thought I was a total nutter as me and DH were both trying to describe it to her in great detail!!  ;D

Thanks  ^hugme^

·
Premium Member
2,745 Posts
Hi Hun

your discharge changes throughout pregnancy and you may find that this is all that has happened and it is a little thicker than usual, causing it to clump together.

Phone the maternity unit if you do have any of the worries that you mentioned earlier

Take care x

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Had loads more today so they asked me to go in and be checked. They think it's due to thrush and have given me some Canesten. The boys were fine, cervix closed and no sign of any contractions. What a relief!!  ^banana^

Thanks Oink  :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts