Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Emily,

I am 40 + 1 and this morning on waking went to loo and on wiping had pink on tissue, no dark red, I called maternity unit as was always under impression that a show was a 'jelly' like substance, and this wasn't, I was told it was a show and to have a hot bath or shower and to call again when I have pain!  I am having period pains which are increasing although I did time for an hour and there is no pattern.

My main question is re:show, it went from pink to brown when I put a pad on and then pink and back to brown on wiping, is this a show or should I call hosp again, I think I may just be panicking, as I am booked in for induction on tuesday and I have been monitored over past 4 weeks due to a cold which sent my BP up and my alt/ast where high, I was put on BP tabs last week which finished yesterday and yesterdays bp at hosp was 145/89 and alt/ast where normal, monitoring has been fine and baby is moving fine today.

Hoep u can put my mind at rest, sorry not straightforward

Mel

·
Premium Member
6,142 Posts
Hi,
A show can be mucousy, but can also be a small loss like you've described, as your cervix is starting to alter. If it becomes red, let delivery know straight away,

Emilycaitlin xx

1 - 2 of 2 Posts