Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:-[ Hi everyone. Due to start ICSI in March but we are having a real bad time with our admin at the hospital  :'( Not really sure what we should do. ??? :-[

We had a lot of issues with the department way back last year. We were never recieving mail had to write letters of complaint as not getting test results ect ect then to top it off they moved our start date from September to March and surprise we never recieved the letter to advise this was moved.  :eek:

Anyways we were all set to start again in March so just to be sure we called end Jan and were advise all systems were go and  they were going to be sending us a letter at the end of Jan. So, DH and I decided to wait till last Friday to make sure we rec'd our letter  ^pray^. Nothing arrived so called them today and you'll never guess - a letter had been sent and we had an app last week - we have never recieved any letter, info pack or email to confirm these had been sent (we requested this)
There was no phone call or email asking why we had not attended our app. Now we are not having any mail issues with anyone else and are in the process of getting important docs sent to us regarrding another matter. When we call the department we are getting no help or support in any way - we are met with the responce "well I can assure you these documents have been sent!!!!" - ok but what about resolving the obvious problem there must be!!!
Family say it's now time to lodge a formal complaint but we still have to deal with these people and have trust and a good raport with them. Feel so very confused and upset just dont know where to go or what do to. Any ideas?? :'( :( :'( :(

·
Registered
876 Posts
blimey - how crazy-making! I'm not sure i can offer any real advice but i wd go ahead with the formal complaint, but do emphasise in yourletter where people have been helpful etc and that you're keen to make sure that you get your tx and that their time is not wasted because you miss appts you don't know you've got?
big hugsx

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.  :)
We said all that the last time. Thats the thing the nursing staff are all amazing it's the manager of the department we raised all out problems with but she has just not been nice at all! Makes it a lot harder as everyone else are so kind and you feel you can ask them anything.
We are there on Friday now so going to ask for a meeting see if that gets us anywhere.
Exx

·
Premium Member
3,551 Posts
^hugme^ ^hugme^ PRoblems with admin is the last thing you need when you're getting ready for tx. Have you talked through the issues with the consultant as well so that maybe he/she can make sure the contact is made. I would go ahead with the complaint as you've clearly tried to deal with this in a low key way but they are still failing to contact you.

We had some problems with our old clinic, though thankfully they were at the end of tx, but it was still stressful enough never having calls returned and being chased for money quickly but everything else taking an age.

Good luck with that and with your cycle.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

1 - 4 of 4 Posts