Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning ladies, I was wondering if I could have some help please?

I am aware that hay fever is regarding as an auto immune problem or an immune problem, what I would like to ask is that my consulatant in spain has said that there are no issues regarding hay fever immune issue and embryo implantation. I am still a bit worried as I used to take heparin and aspirin during my last go of egg donation but for a different immune issue that has now luckily gone away. I talked to my uk consultant who told me I could take the same medication as before if I wanted to. I have not been told directly by anyone to take it, but it has left me a bit worried still

Has anyone been in this situation before or can anyone offer advice to help calm the nerves!

Thank you and sending  ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hi Mary,

I was told by Dr Beer (RIP) that it was safe for me to take Benedryl for hayfever during tx. Hope that helps as the hayfever is particualrly dire this year!

Kindest regards,

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Flopsy

Thank you for your reply. I was sad to hear your story I hope you dont give up but you and your DH would know better than anyone about this

I was wanting to find out if people have been given heparin and aspirin for hay fever to stop immune issues or this may have never been raised as an issue??

Please take care.  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ XXXXXXXXXX

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Dear Mary

Thank you very much for your very kind words.

Dr Beer said that he would not use immune meds for hayfever, unless the woman had the blood tests and was shown to needs the meds.

Asprin and Heparin are usually used for blood clotting and blood flow disorders. I'm sorry that I don't know if they are at all useful for the hayfever immune side of things. I would suspect not.

Have you had tests for the TH1/TH2 side of things (as per Dr Beer), tests for blood clotting problems and all these sorts of things?

Hopefully, someone else can comment about hayfever. I'm wondering if there was a mention in the book Dr Beer wrote before he passed away?

Kindest regards,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts