Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Peter ;D

I do hope you can help me once more ;)

I had my first consulation this week and hope to start IVF next month, all being well.

While in the consultation I asked if I should avoid treatment while suffering hayfever, I meant more for the affect of anti-histermine. The consultant said something about steroids and anti-histermine and that I should tell them about any medication I may take along the way. He also mentioned that if I got a high temperature the cycle may have to be cancelled ???because it would affect the eggs. I'm really not sure if I have much of this right as there was so much information to take in.

If a high temperature can affect the eggs during a cycle how high would it have to be? I usually only suffer with sneezing and other mild symptoms and have never thought to take my temperature during hayfever season so wouldn't know if I have ever had one.

I wonder what your thoughts are. Should I wait until after hayfever season is over. Another concern is if my heyfever started a little early or my cycle took abit longer, either way clashing with treatment.

I do hope I've not gone on too much.

Any help would be great :D

Thanks, Jen ???

·
Registered
856 Posts
Please see my comments in your text:

Jen said:
Hi Peter ;D

I do hope you can help me once more ;)

I had my first consulation this week and hope to start IVF next month, all being well.

While in the consultation I asked if I should avoid treatment while suffering hayfever, I meant more for the affect of anti-histermine. The consultant said something about steroids and anti-histermine and that I should tell them about any medication I may take along the way.

Good advice.

He also mentioned that if I got a high temperature the cycle may have to be cancelled ???because it would affect the eggs. I'm really not sure if I have much of this right as there was so much information to take in.

That's correct. Anyone with a fever (whatever the cause) should not start a cycle.

If a high temperature can affect the eggs during a cycle how high would it have to be?

It's not so much that as your general well being.

I usually only suffer with sneezing and other mild symptoms and have never thought to take my temperature during hayfever season so wouldn't know if I have ever had one.

Very few people have a fever during hay 'fever'. It is an allergic response, mediated by histamine, and does not usuallty involve fever.

I wonder what your thoughts are. Should I wait until after hayfever season is over. Another concern is if my heyfever started a little early or my cycle took abit longer, either way clashing with treatment.

If you have any illness prior to a cycle it is worth postponing it.

Hope this helps!

Peter

I do hope I've not gone on too much.

Any help would be great :D

Thanks, Jen ???

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Peter :)

Thanks so much for your quick reply, it's much appreciated ;D

I think there is too much at stake to risk a cycle before the hayfever season starts so I think we will delay until after :'(

I know what you meant about very few people having a fever with it. When the consultant mentioned it I was quite amused having never heard of it in my 34 years as a hayfever sufferer ::)

Many thanks, Jen x

1 - 3 of 3 Posts