Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help/advice?
I've been suffering from very bad hayfever and am scared to take anything. Was told that i could take piriton but then given conflicting advice by some.  :p :-[ :-\
It can and does get very bad!! sneezing/spluttering, i start sneezing the moment i wake up (even if its to go to the loo in the middle of the night)!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Ayla.. i think you are pg from your ticker.. I went ot the gp today about hayfever and he said not to take anything as it can be harmful, he told me the scrays have steriods in them which is really bad. I have taken to wearing glasses and having a wet hanky over my nose when i go in the garden. I know that air purifiers in your room will stop the hayfever problems so maybe you could look at getting something like that if your hayfever is that bad.
My dr said to me would you rather have a runny nose and healthy baby or take tablets and if there was a problem at birth keep thinking that it was your fault that there was a problem because of the tablets...

·
Registered
371 Posts
Ayla

I too am completely out of contorl with hayfever. Unfortunately it brings on asthma for me so I had to see the doctor who said I could take Priton as I am in the second trimester but that eye drops and nasal sprays were better but only use half the dose of the nasal spray. So i got some on Friday but I am going to try and stop taking the nasal spray (too much like IVF) and the minute you don't take it the sneezing all starts again.

The hayfever will not hurt the baby so I think I am going to try a locked room (again did it for 2 days last week) and lots of showers.

Sneezing with you
Megan

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
HI all,

I am a very bad hayfever sufferer but my next IVF isnt till Oct so I dont have the worry of what I can take. I will say I have healthy children already nad did take hayfever tablets whilst pregnant BUT I know your not supposed to whilst having IVF ( until you are pregnant)
I was listening to the radio last night any they were doing a show on Hayfever, They said that this June is a record for high pollen count & gave some tips........................

Have two spoons of HONEY per day because it builds up your immune system ( as it contains pollen)

Was your hair before you go to bed as pollen will be in it & will irritate you whilst your asleep.

Dont sleep with the window open.

CHANGE your pillow case EVERY NIGHT & NOT one thats been dryed outside on  the line.

I hope this helps cpos as your not allowed to take anything, all these tips HAVE to worth trying,

Good Luck,

Katy. xxxxxx

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dear ladies Thank you so much for your advices - I'll try anything!!!!! Its raining at the moment and boy never been so glad to see the rain!
love
ayla

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.