Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This time round my hayfever is really bothering me, it never when I had DS.  Anyway been to GPs this morning and he gave me some tablets, which I am sure are fine, but I am a bit dubious about taken them when I am pregnant.  If you suffer from hayfever and are pregnant, what tablets are you taking for it?  The ones I have got are called Hayleve and looks like they are piriton tablets.

Any help anyone?

Chris

·
Registered
358 Posts
Hi Chris,

Not that i'm pregnant, but having tx I refuse to put anymore drugs into my poor body and I suffer dreadfully with hayfever BUT I have found a fab product called Haymax www.haymax.biz - it's like a lip balm and the idea is you smear it around your nostils and it prevents pollen going up your nose which causes other symptoms like wheezing, tickly throat etc.

I have been using it for the past year or so and I have to say I haven't suffered with hayfever since using it, it really is that good! You have to remember to put it on first thing in morning (or when you go to bed) and then keep topping up during the day especially after sneezing and it works a treat AND the best thing is it's totally natural, organic and drug free.

I think boots even sell it now??

Good luck!!

Rach xxx

/links

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hi Chris

I use New Era tissue salts - they do a mix for Hayfever.  Mine is quite mild and it stopped the symptoms in about 48hrs.  I know for others whose hayfever is worse than mine, it didn't stop completely but took the edge off.

CJ x

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi CJ

Years ago I used to use New Era as well, so I thought I would see if my local Boots had them, when I asked at the pharmacy if it was safe to take in pregnancy I was told no, so at the moment I am just trying to get through it the best I can.  I will see how I go and may have to go back to GP, as I don't really want to take the hayfever tablets he gave me.

Chris

·
Registered
847 Posts
I too recently purchased the haymax balm, also boots helped me with a homeopathic remedy, she gave me a book and asked which category of symptoms i had then listed which one i need - which was arsen.alb 6c, they did'nt stock it but i found a pharmacy on ebay that did for 1/2 the price! these are made by nelsons and you take 2 little sweetex like tabs (don't taste like sweetex!) every 2 hours for 6 doses and then 4 times a day upto 5 days and i am free at present

Zoe x

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought a nasalize spray - its a product in a little bottle that is made from 100% natural ingredients - just puff it up your nose and it forms a harmless gel inside the nostril that catches all the nasties that make you have hayfever - im using it a few times a day and it works a treat. Im also using haymax too.  just wish there was something natural now for itchy eyes!  it was from superdrug.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts