Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had 1o000 units hcg injection 2 weeks ago yesterday, followed by 5000 units the TUes after (one day before ec and now 12 days ago) and anothe 5000 on the Thurs (day following ec 10 days ago).
Yesterday and today I have had faint positives on 2 hpts (on First Response and Clearblue). What are the chances of these being false positives. Is there likely to still be hcg in my pee from injection?
Official clinic blood test tomorrow morning and am expecting neg result as think it is injection : (

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hi

I was told hcg from injection should be out of your system 10 days after, so it's looking good for a positive result for you hun.

I tested on day 12 after ET using clear blue and first response, and got faint positives.

I think you might be pleasantly surprised tomorrow!!  Good luck!

Kim
xxx

·
Registered
218 Posts
Dear nitwit

I had a 10000 unit to trigger Ovulation, then a 5000 unit on day of transfer, a 2000 unit 3 days later and another 3 days later another 2000 unit. Unfortunately I had a false positive day 13 (in two diffrent cycles) the first time I was over the moon and when the bloodtest came back negative (5units) it was terrible. So I guess the stuff can accumulate and everybody is diffrent.

But in your case, your last injection was 10 days ago, time enough for everything to be out of your system!!!
Good luck and I hope you get your positive....
Choccolatti

·
Registered
500 Posts
hi nit wit
i found a site ref hcg on google but cant find it at the mo...
hcg halfs day by day so 10000 would be 5000 on day 2 2500 on day 3 etc ..
most pg tests pick up 100 hcg in urine but first response picks up 25 hcg .
and ref pg your hcg levels double every 24 48 hrs
hope this helps marzy

ps fingers crossed
hope its a pos
a blood test would be more accurate
can i ask why  3 hcg ??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Struthie...and to everyone who replied or gave reassurance. Was getting positive hpt from Friday and even rang up the clinic prior to going for blood test to ask whether it was too early for hcg to be out of system. But blood test turned out ok hcg level of 95 12 days post ET which isn't too bad as they look for 50 and over.
So it looks like I'm preggers although hasn't quite sunk in and I'm now onto the big wait for scans and to see whether it progresses or not.
Marzy, it's clinics protocol to give 3 hcg injections ...last two day before and day after EC were to support luteal phase I think, tho' don't quote me on that. I think it's the norm unless you are at risk from OHSS then you get pessaries.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.